The black Essential G500s 59373026 Multi-Touch 15.6" Notebook Computer from Lenovo features a 15.6" widescreen display with LED backlighting for low power consumption. The display is also a touchscreen with 10-finger touch support so you'll be able to utilize the multi-touch gestures of Windows 8. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and its 1366 x 768 native resolution is supported by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 2.6GHz Intel Core i5-3230M processor. It also has 6GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 1TB 5400rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a 2-in-1 media card reader, 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
Lenovo Essential G500s
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5 Performance
- This Lenovo notebook houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5-3230M processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 2.6GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.2GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 6GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, this Lenovo notebook can push its dual cores into 4 virtual cores for an enhanced multitasking experience
- 15.6" LED-Backlit Touchscreen
- The 15.6" widescreen LED-backlit display with true cinematic 16:9 aspect ratio delivers an optimal viewing experience. The display is also a touchscreen so you'll be able to use the multi-touch gestures integrated into Windows 8. This Lenovo notebook boasts a 1366 x 768 native resolution and integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 for smooth streaming of HD content. The HDMI port also allows you to output video to a larger external display, such as a monitor or an HDTV in high definition
- Stay Connected
- With 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet connectivity, you can access email, browse the web, connect to your social networks and more. This Lenovo notebook also has Bluetooth 4.0 technology so you'll be able to connect wirelessly to peripherals, such as a Bluetooth mouse or speakers. Engage in high-quality face-to-face video chats with the built-in HD webcam and digital microphone
- USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 can reach a data transfer speed of up to 5Gbps, which is 10 times faster than USB 2.0. Also, USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 so you'll still be able to use older USB-compatible devices
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- Seamless Integration of Multi-Touch Gestures
- Windows 8 supports multi-touch gestures. Now, you can use your keyboard, mouse or the touchpad using simple gestures. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. With the touchpad, Windows 8 allows you to use multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it