The AT3-605-UR20 Desktop Computer from Acer features a 4th Generation Intel Core i5-4430 processor along with 12GB of DDR3 SDRAM giving you the processing power and necessary memory to multi-task with ease. Run multimedia applications alongside office programs and watch movies all at the same time with little to no lag. For added processing power the included Intel processor supports Intel's Turbo Boost technology providing the extra processing muscle when needed. Accompanying the enhanced processing power, this Intel processor also supports Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600 for enhanced graphics output.
This Acer desktop computer comes equipped with a 2TB capacity HDD sufficient for storing a variety of files including HD video, movies, photos, documents, music and more. If more than 2TB of storage is necessary, you can add additional storage via the easy-swap HDD expansion bay.
Setting up this computer is simple as it comes equipped with VGA, HDMI and DisplayPort inputs along with four USB 2.0 and four USB 3.0 ports. The integrated SD card reader and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity add to the multimedia connectivity options. Connecting to the Internet has also been simplified as you can choose between Gigabit Ethernet and 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi support.
Windows 8 is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- 4th Generation Intel Core i5 Processor
- With the 4th generation Intel Core i5 processor, you have the power to play, create, entertain and more. Enjoy adaptive performance that keeps apps functioning quickly and media flowing (with Intel Turbo Boost Technology) and built in security features to help keep your data safer.
- Acer Always Connect
- Acer Always Connect automatically scans and registers most-visited access points, connecting to the Internet in 2.5 seconds, four times faster than models without this technology.
- Integrated Intel HD Graphics
- With integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600 you can make the most of your visual experience with enhanced images, video playback and improved gaming performance.
- 5.1-Channel Surround Sound
- Take advantage of High-Definition Audio with 5.1-Channel Surround Sound delivering enhanced acoustics for a theater-like entertainment experience at home.
- The integrated HDMI port delivers high-quality visuals along with high-fidelity audio to an external LCD through only a single cable connection reducing the amount of cables needed to setup your PC.
- 2TB HDD Space
- With a 2TB hard drive capacity, you can download and store a variety of multimedia files including HD quality video, movies, music, photos and more. You can also add even more HDD space via the integrated HDD expansion bay.
- Easy Access Ports
- Commonly used ports including a multimedia card reader and indicators for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are on top of this PC tower placing them within easy reach. The layered top surface allows you to easily place gadgets and accessories while connecting or charging. You also benefit from Power-off USB charging allowing you to charge your devices without turning on the machine.
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it.
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more.
- The Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it.