The Envy 700-030 Desktop Computer from HP features a 3.2GHz 3rd generation Intel Core i5-3470 processor along with 8GB of DDR3 SDRAM expandable up to 16GB supporting enhanced multitasking as well as providing the processing power to support a variety of multimedia and software applications. This AMD processor also comes equipped with integrated Intel HD Graphics 2500 graphics to support enhanced multimedia functionality. Along with enhanced graphics support, you also benefit from 7.1 HD audio surround sound completing the multimedia experience.
This HP desktop computer also comes equipped with a 2TB SATA hard disc drive providing enough storage space to save a variety of movies, videos, photos, music, documents and more. Connect a variety of peripheral devices such as external hard drives, printers, USB flash drives and more to any of the two USB 3.0 ports or eight USB 2.0 ports. You can also transfer data via the integrated 15-in-1 memory card slot. Setup and configuration of this PC is also made simple as it comes equipped with a Gigabit Ethernet network port, a USB mouse and keyboard and one D-Sub and one DVI-D output with multi-display support.
Windows 8 is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles that update in real-time, which provide faster access to news, weather forecasts, sports scores, social network updates and more. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience.
- Key Features
• Windows 8
• 3rd generation Intel Core i5-3470 processor
• 8GB PC3-12800 DDR3-1600 SDRAM memory (expandable to 16GB)
• 2TB 7200rpm serial ATA hard drive
• Intel HD Graphics 2500
• USB chiclet-style keyboard with volume control, dedicated hotkeys and optical mouse
• SuperMulti DVD burner
• 2 x USB 3.0 / 8 x USB 2.0 ports
• Integrated Bluetooth 4.0 and wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n featuring single-band 2.4GHz frequency
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a more tablet style design featuring tiles. These tiles are customizable to your liking as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it