Building on the success of the original Cube, the 2nd generation silver Cube 3D Printer from 3D Systems brings further improvement to user-friendly consumer 3D printing. The 2nd generation Cube can print up to 1.5 times faster and is twice as accurate as its predecessor. The 2nd generation Cube also offers more variety in printing materials with the ability to print using compostable PLA and recyclable ABS plastics.
The 2nd generation Cube hasn't forgotten its roots though. It has the same intuitive touchscreen interface of its predecessor as well as the compact design and plug-and-play simplicity. The 2nd generation Cube also utilizes moisture-lock cartridges to ensure extended shelf life and total material usage. The moisture-lock cartridges are easy to load onto the 2nd generation Cube and can be safely stored as well. You can also now send back empty cartridges to designated 3D Systems locations for reuse in exchange for a discount on new cartridges. You can also send used ABS and PLA prints for responsible recycling and composting by 3D Systems.
The 2nd generation Cube is also Mac and Windows compatible and can print from either USB or Wi-Fi. The included Cube software allows you to print using Cube's very own .cube files. While most CAD software may save designs in .stl or .creation files, the Cube software will be able to convert those to .cube files so you can print with ease.
- Cube Software
- The included Cube software lets you prep an existing 3D model for printing on the 2nd-gen Cube. It lets you orient it, scale it, add supports to it if needed and then turns the model into a .cube file that the Cube can print. If you're looking for a separate design software, check out Cubify Invent on 3D Systems' website. The Cube can directly print .cube files. The Cube software, which comes with the Cube, can convert .stl and .creation files into .cube files. Most CAD software (like Alibre Design, Rhinoceros, SolidWorks, Solid Edge, Creo, etc.) can create .stl files. The .obj files from Maya and ZBrush will need to be converted to .stl files first. There is no limit on the file size, but generally anything over 500MB would be considered very large
- Faster Performance, More Print Modes
- The 2nd generation Cube delivers prints up to 1.5 times faster and can be twice as accurate than the original Cube. The 2nd-gen Cube can print parts up to 5.5" cubed using both compostable PLA and recyclable ABS plastics. The 2nd-gen Cube offers a choice of print mode densities, which are lite, medium and solid. All three print mode densities can be used for both PLA and ABS plastics with optional easy, breakaway supports for more complex prints
- Wireless Printing
- The 2nd generation Cube can utilize 802.11b/g Wi-Fi with WPS Infrastructure/Adhoc mode to print your creations wirelessly. You can send creation files from your computer to the 2nd generation Cube wirelessly without having to deal with cables. If you don't have access to Wi-Fi, you can use the included USB flash drive to save your creations and transfer from over to the 2nd-gen Cube
- Moisture-Lock Cartridges
- The 2nd generation Cube utilizes moisture-lock cartridges for improved print quality and sustainability. The 2nd-gen Cube can detect the material type automatically based on the cartridge, which eliminates the need to change print settings. The cartridges are easy to load onto the 2nd-gen Cube and can be stored safely away when not in used, thanks to the moisture-lock feature
- The 2nd generation Cube comes with a proprietary, heatless print pad that conserves power compared to other 3D printers. You can now send back your empty cartridges to designated 3D Systems locations for reuse in exchange for a discount on new cartridges. You can also return used ABS and PLA prints for responsible recycling or composting by 3D Systems
- 3D Printing Services
- Make sure to register your 2nd generation Cube for free on cubify.com so you can easily receive hardware and software updates. You'll also gain access to Cubify 3DCloud printing service, which allows you to store designs on Cubify or use 3DCloud printing for broader material choices and performance properties
- Plug and Play
- You can start printing right out of the box. The 2nd-generation Cube comes fully assembled so all you need to do is attach the cartridge. The 2nd-gen Cube also comes with 25 free ready-to-print creations so you'll be able to see it in action
- Safe for Children
- The 2nd generation Cube meets all IEC 60950 Printer Safety Requirements, making it one of the first consumer 3D printers that is safe for home use by children
- 16 Print Colors
The 2nd generation Cube supports 16 different print colors in ABS and PLA plastic (please note that you can only use one color at a time and you cannot swap cartridges in the middle of a print):
- Neon Orange
- Neon Green
- Glow-in-the-dark Neon Green
- Glow-in-the-dark Neon Blue