The ultimate silver Portege Z15T-A1210 Detachable 11.6" Multi-Touch Ultrabook Computer from Toshiba isn't just an Ultrabook, it's also a tablet. The Portege Z15T can be detached from its keyboard dock and be used as a full-fledged tablet. The ability to seamlessly transition between tablet and Ultrabook modes gives you the best of both worlds.
The 11.6" widescreen display features LED backlit technology, which has low power consumption and high energy efficiency. The display is also a digitizer touchscreen that allows you to take full advantage of the multi-touch gestures integrated into Windows 8. The screen also has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.5GHz Intel Core i5-3339Y processor. It also has 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 128GB solid state drive, a multi-format media card reader, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with DTS Studio Sound technology.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
Toshiba Portege Z15T
- Detachable Tablet Design
- While the Toshiba Portege Z15T works well as an Ultrabook, it's not limited to that form factor. In fact, the Toshiba Portege Z15T can become detached from its keyboard dock and become a fully functional tablet running Windows 8. In tablet mode, you'll utilize the digitizer touchscreen to tap and swipe your way through the Start Screen and tiles. If you need to get some serious work done, you can just reconnect the tablet to the keyboard dock and start typing away
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5 Performance
- The Toshiba Portege Z15T houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5-3339Y processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.5GHz. Thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology, the processor can also be overclocked up to 2.0GHz. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to push the Core i5-3339Y processor up to four virtual cores. This makes multitasking between applications quick and efficient
- 11.6" LED-Backlit IPS Digitizer Touchscreen
- The 11.6" widescreen LED-Backlit display features in-plane switching (IPS) technology, which improves viewing angles. With a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution, you'll be able to watch 1080p Full HD content natively without upscaling. You can also push video to a larger external display, such as a HDTV, via the HDMI port on the keyboard dock. If you only have the tablet with you, you'll still be able to connect to another display with the micro-HDMI port
- For a reliable Internet connection, the 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 LAN jack will serve you well. However, if you go tablet mode or want to stay untethered, you can utilize the 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi to connect to a home or public wireless network. Bluetooth 4.0 technology is also available if you need to connect a Bluetooth device, such as a wireless mouse. While the keyboard dock has a USB 2.0 port, you'll experience higher data transfer speeds if you connect to the USB 3.0 port located on the tablet
- Solid State Drive Technology
- The Toshiba Portege Z15T has a 128GB solid state drive, which is smaller, tougher and faster than a traditional spinning hard disk drive. A solid state drive has no moving parts so it's less prone to physical damage from bumps and general movement. It also reads and writes data faster so you'll be able to experience faster boot and load times
- Built-in Eco Utility Button
- With a built-in eco-utility button, you can reduce your Toshiba Portege Z15T's power consumption without having to go into settings. Just press the eco-utility button and the Toshiba Portege Z15T will do the rest
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- Seamless Integration of Multi-Touch Gestures
- Windows 8 supports multi-touch gestures. Now, you can use your keyboard, mouse or the touchpad using simple gestures. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. With the touchpad, Windows 8 allows you to use multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it