The Satellite S55-A5255 15.6" Notebook Computer from Toshiba features an ice blue finish with a brushed aluminum design. The 15.6" TruBrite LED-backlit display has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution with native support for 720p HD content.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.8GHz Intel Core i5-3337U processor. It also has 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 1TB 5400rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a multi-format media card reader, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, an integrated webcam and microphone. The built-in stereo harman/kardon speakers with DTS Studio Sound technology.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
Toshiba Satellite S55
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5 Performance
- The Toshiba Satellite S55 houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5-3337U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.8GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 2.7GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to push the dual cores into four virtual cores for fast and efficient multitasking
- 15.6" TruBrite LED-Backlit Display
- The 15.6" TruBrite widescreen display of the Toshiba Satellite S55 features LED backlighting, a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution, which can play 720p HD content natively without upscaling. The screen also features a glossy finish for vibrant color. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port
- Stay Connected
- The Toshiba Satellite S55 can connect to a home or public wireless network via 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi. If you require a more reliable Internet connection, you can utilize the 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 LAN jack
- USB 3.0 & USB Sleep and Charge
- USB 3.0 can provide data transfer speeds of up to 5Gbps, which is 10 times faster than USB 2.0. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 as well. The Toshiba Satellite S55 also has a USB 2.0 port with USB Sleep and Charge, which allows you to charge a USB device, such as a smartphone, even when the Toshiba Satellite S55 is shut down
- Toshiba Sleep and Music
- With Toshiba Sleep and Music, you'll be able to play your favorite songs through the speakers of the Toshiba Satellite S55 without having to sync. Just plug your mp3 player or smartphone to the microphone jack and you'll be able to play your music even when the Toshiba Satellite S55 is in sleep mode or shut down
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it