The ThermoSight T70 640x512 Thermal Weapon Sight from FLIR is a multi-purpose optic equally-suited for rail-mounted targeting and handheld viewing. Using its built-in quick-release mount, this thermal imaging device clamps to a Picatinny rail with a throw-lever lock, and it can be aligned with a day optic or reflex sight for tactical engagement. Thanks to boresight retention capability, the T70 will reliably hold zero and easily mount behind the operator's sighting system without need to re-zero. FLIR's high-resolution 640x512 microbolometer core allows the T70 to transmit a detailed thermal image capable of up to 4x digital zoom.
FLIR's image processor, in-line design and user-friendly button layout puts a range of image optimization tools at the operator's fingertips. A thumb-accessible joystick enables intuitive control of ThermoSight system functions (polarity selection, digital zoom, image enhancement, and impact point correction) without navigating the menu. The video output port allows operators to monitor and record the transmitted image in real-time.
The Hot Swap battery compartment can hold three AA cells or two CR123A cells. Since the ThermoSight requires only two AA cells or one CR123A cell for operation, the operator can replace depleted batteries while the unit remains active. Additionally, the compartment will operate regardless of the installed battery orientation.
Additional construction features like a shock-resistant housing that is water-tight to a depth of 66 ft, a shutter-less optical design that is nearly silent, and an included remote activation switch help make the ThermoSight T70 a full-featured thermal weapon sight for a broad range of tactical operations.
Note: Export of this device described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State office of Defense Trade Controls, as prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulation, Parts 120-130, and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce. For further information contact the Office of Defense Trade Control and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Imaging Performance
- 640x512 VOx microbolometer detector
- 7.5-13.5µm spectral response
- 1x magnification; 2x and 4x digital zoom
- 9.4x7.5° angle of view
- Use and Handling
- Black Hot and White Hot polarity modes
- Auto contrast, brightness, image enhancement
- Adjustable windage and elevation
- Compatible with day optics and CQB sights
- NTSC / PAL video output
- Accepts AA or CR123A batteries
- Hot swap battery compartment for changing batteries while device is active
- Remote pressure pad activation switch
- Quick-release Picatinny mount
- Construction Details
- Waterproof depth: 66 ft
- Boresight retention system
- Near-silent operation, inaudible beyond 3 ft
- Bellows eyecup minimizes light splash
- -40 to 120°F operating temperature
- 24 oz with batteries and mount