The B+W 62mm Cross Screen 8X 688 Filter is a cross screen filter providing 8 reflected light points stemming from specular highlights within the image frame. When the filter is rotated in front of the lens, the points shift in direction but always reflect symmetrically. This effect is caused by thinly etched lines on one of the planes of the filter. Star effect filters are most effective when not used in combination with other filters.
This filter is constructed from optical-grade acrylic and features a brass filter ring for durability as well as jamming prevention.
- This filter is most effective when there are few light points within the scene as the reflected light points are long and could overlap in more congested scenes.
- Cross screen filter provides 8 reflected light points that stem symmetrically from specular highlights within the image frame.
- Reflected points of light change direction when filter is rotated.
- Star effect is caused by thinly etched lines on the filter surface and does not affect exposure or coloration of the image.
- This filter is constructed from optical acrylic and features a rugged brass filter ring.