The white DGX-650 from Yamaha is an 88-key PortableGrand digital piano that features sounds based on samples from the company's CFIIIS 9' concert grand piano, a weighted keyboard with varying touch response across the key range, and Damper Response DSP. To add to the genuine playing experience, the keyboard also provides 128-note polyphony that will easily accommodate two-handed sustained chords with heavy pedaling.
Professionally-arranged XG-optimized song books contain play-along song files that allow for learning to play songs from famous artists using the DGX-650 as a backing band (song books sold separately).The piano comes with USB audio (WAV) recording/playback, effects processor, music notation display, Smart Chord and a Style Recommender, and much more. The Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.) is a set of built-in learning tools, making it easy for beginner and experienced musicians to improve their performances.
Dual built-in amplifiers and four speakers provide a clear sound and an auxiliary input provides external access for playing other devices through the DGX-650. A metronome is included and the keyboard can be transposed an octave up or down. The keyboard ships with a stand, sustain pedal, music rack and external power supply.
- PureCF-sampled piano that starts with a recording of Yamaha's CFIIIS 9' concert grand piano containing a number of dynamic levels from pianissimo to fortissimo, so you can experience the delicate touch of a soft passage or the pure power of two-handed chords
- Damper Resonance DSP digitally reproduces the sympathetic interaction between strings on acoustic pianos - when the damper pedal is used in a performance, the harmonics of other strings wash over the notes you play until the pedal is released
- 88-note, weighted GHS action with heavier touch in the low end and lighter touch in the high end, just like the hammers inside an acoustic piano - great for the practicing and aspiring pianist in that the action builds the proper finger technique for when the time comes to perform on an acoustic piano
- XG-optimized "You Are The Artist" song books are professionally-arranged, play-along XG song files that let you learn to play songs from famous artists using the DGX-650 as your backing band (song books sold separately)
- USB audio (WAV) recording/playback allows you to record performances or MIDI songs as uncompressed CD-quality audio to a USB flash drive using the USB audio recorder - from there, copy to your computer to make CDs, share over the internet or transfer to your portable music player, or you can playback uncompressed WAV files stored on a USB flash drive
- Smart Chord makes you sound like a pro, even if you're just learning how to play - using a single finger on your left hand, Smart Chord will create entire chords from simple Pop triads to complex jazz 7th and 9th chords and Accompaniment Styles create the rest of your virtual band
- Style Recommender suggests a list of suitable Styles based on your playing - play in a piano part, drum part or just tap a simple rhythm and Style Recommender will create a list of appropriate Styles based on what you played
- AUX line input allows you to connect any device with an audio output and hear it through the DGX-650's built-in speakers - listen to music from your mobile device, hook up another keyboard or even a mixer and jam with friends
- 128-note polyphony provides enough horsepower for dropout-free performances even while layering two Voices, and playing two-handed sustained chords with heavy pedaling
- Yamaha Education Suite teaches you to play by breaking songs down into individual components, like pitch and rhythm, and reconstructing them once mastered - you can practice one hand of a song alone while the DGX-650 plays along with the other
- Yamaha Education Suite functions included WAITING mode which pauses the accompaniment until you play the notes indicated on the SCORE display, YOUR TEMPO mode that monitors playing and adjusts the tempo according to your accuracy, and MINUS ONE mode lets you play the piano part start-to-finish, and gives you a grade at the end