The QSC CXD4.2 Processing Amplifier from the CXD Series is designed specifically for the needs of integrators. It provides efficient, robust, and high-fidelity power to drive multiple channels and configurations of loudspeakers. It simultaneously deploys sophisticated digital processing with optimal energy and rack space efficiency. This 4-channel amplifier with onboard DSP has the capability to configure and combine channels in various ways to drive a wide range of loudspeaker systems including 70V and 100V without the use of transformers. This amplifier not only provides the power and processing to make your system perform better, it also offers efficiency, ensuring that energy consumption will be kept to a minimum over the life of the installation.
The CXD4.2 Processing Amplifier features FAST (Flexible Amplifier Summing Technology) that actively distributes the total amplifier power in various configurations across 1, 2, 3, or all 4 outputs. This flexibility allows this amplifier to drive (for example) 2 full-range surface mounted speakers along with a subwoofer and a 100V distributed speaker line; or a high-power subwoofer and a bi-amplified full-range loudspeaker; three 70V distributed speaker lines and a low impedance surface mount speaker line; or a single high-power channel driving monster subwoofers.
This amplifier uses QSC’s class-D power amp design in combination with a custom power stage utilizing an output device. This purpose-built MOSFET device provides high voltage operation without needing a full bridge output and offers good audio quality and thermal performance due to co-location of the semiconductors.
The CXD4.2 Processing Amplifier benefits from the PowerLight power supply and PFC (Power Factor Correction ) that aligns the current waveform with the AC mains voltage waveform. PFC enables the amplifier to draw current from the wall in an efficient and controlled manner resulting in power from a single standard AC breaker.
This amplifier also incorporates several energy conservation and efficiency strategies. One such tool is the multi-stage sleep mode that saves energy when possible without sacrificing performance.
This Processing Amplifier also doubles as a loudspeaker processor. Integration of DSP and amplification means that the processor knows exactly what the amplifier is doing, allowing the dynamics processing and protection circuitry to be accurate and effective. This synergistic approach employs both RMS and Peak Limiters that provide the amplifier and loudspeaker combination to produce more output without being pushed to distortion or destruction.
The onboard DSP offers 4 channels of crossover filters, parametric EQ, alignment delay, and dynamics processing. Additionally when using QSC loudspeakers (sold separately), this amplifier offers Intrinsic Correction, a combination of filtering, limiting, and speaker processing, which compensates for the non-linearities in array and horn design, resulting in good performance.
With 4 channels of amplification plus just 2RU signal processing, this amplifier replaces equipment taking up as much as 3 times the rack space.
The on-board processing is managed and stored as presets, with 20 modifiable factory presets for the most common applications. A Preset Wizard is also available that simplifies amplifier setup and enables selection of loudspeakers. With an intuitive front panel UI, programming is a breeze. This CXD4.2 Processing Amplifier also offers GPIO for system supervision and the ability to utilize contact closures to set the amps into standby or recall specific presets.
- FAST (Flexible Amplifier Summing Technology) drives most loudspeaker systems or configurations by distributing total amplifier power across 1, 2, 3, or all 4 channels
- Full function onboard loudspeaker processing DSP with crossover and parametric EQ filters, limiting, and alignment delay eliminate the need for outboard loudspeaker processors
- PowerLight universal switchmode power supply with PFC for high efficiency, good audio performance, and low heat dissipation
- Preset Wizard simplifies amplifier setup providing system design tools and loudspeaker selection from a list of speakers
- Powerful Intrinsic Correction processing maximizes the sonic performance of QSC loudspeakers (sold separately)
- 20 factory preset configurations that can be modified and stored in the 50 user presets
- Integrated front panel with channel Select and Mute buttons, Input and Output LED Metering, 400 x 240 LCD, intuitive navigation buttons, LED power button and indicator, and cast aluminum handles
- GPIO for additional functionality including a heartbeat output for Life-Safety supervision
- 4 input phoenix connectors, and 4 phoenix touch-proof speakers