The ikan VK7i 7" IPS LCD Monitor employs an HD IPS (In-Plane Switching) LCD panel, giving the monitor 1280 x 800 resolution, wider viewing angles, and high color rendition. An upgraded feature set includes on-screen tally and HDMI loop-through, plus other features such as RGB adjust, Peaking, False Color, DSLR Scaling, and Clip Guides. The monitor is easy to power in the field with multiple battery plate options from DV battery, DSLR, or Pro battery (sold separately).
- Optimal Viewing Angles
- The monitor has an IPS panel with a resolution of 1280 x 800 (720p+). In-Plane Switching provides the monitor with wider viewing angles and better color reproduction.
- On-Screen Tally
- The monitor has an integrated tally system at the front and the rear, but instead of using lights on the front chassis of the monitor, the front tally is displayed on screen.
- Input / Output
- A variety of inputs are all complimented with lossless outputs. The monitor includes Composite (BNC), Component HD and SD (BNC), and HDMI ports.
- The monitor is equipped with Monochrome Peaking features, which highlight the desired focus area in a bright, red outline. The operator adjusts the focus control until the red indicator outlines on the desired area are razor sharp, indicating optimal focus. 1
- False Color
- The False Color feature utilizes a full spectrum of assigned color indicators, ensuring good shot exposure. The under/ over luminance warning enables a video professional to get the quality he/she desires. By adjusting the camera's iris, the subject of the image will change color based on specific brightness values indicating optimal exposure.
- Movable Pixel-to-Pixel
- The monitor's 1:1 pixel-to-pixel mapping allows the video professional to emphasize on individual chosen elements in the shot. This feature is essential for capturing optimum detail.
- Clip Guides
- The monitor offers adjustable upper Clip Guide levels to accurately display overexposed images in any shooting condition. The operator simply assigns the upper IRE to his/her preference and any exposure over the set IRE limit will flash in a vivid purple, indicating only the overexposed area.
- Other Features
1280 x 800 resolution
Looping HDMI, Component, and Composite I/O
Color temperature presets (9300 / 6500 / 5600 K)
Guides (4:3 and 16:9 Framing Safe Area)
Check Field (Blue gun, red, green, mono)
Side-By-Side Freeze Frame
Aspect Ratio (Full / 16:9 / 4:3)
5 user-defined groups
Resolution Support: 480i/p; 576i/p; 720p 24 Hz 25 Hz 30 Hz 50 Hz 60 Hz 24 Hzsf 25 Hzsf; 1080i/p 24 Hz 25 Hz, 30 Hz, 50 Hz, 60 Hz, 24 Hzsf, and 25 Hzsf