The Tilta FF-T04 Film Dual Follow Focus from ikan is a dual-sided follow focus unit for use in studio setups as well as location filming. It is designed to work with lenses that feature incorporated gears and internal stops. The unit snaps onto 19mm studio support rods, which allows you to adjust the position of the follow focus without having to remove other rod-mounted accessories. The unit is belt driven to reduce the play and high spot resistance found in many gear-to-gear driven follow focus units. It features two hand wheels, one for the operator side, and one for the assistant side of the camera. The included extension allows you to clear large matte boxes with the hand wheel.
The hand wheels feature integrated index marks and large conical marking disks, which makes it easier to see focus marks from the side of the camera. It includes five interchangeable drive gears, allowing you to use it with many different lenses. The hand wheels feature a textured rubber contact surface and an industry standard accessory socket for the included whips and cranks. The follow focus packs away in the included hard case, and the hand wheels are both removable for compact storage.
- 15mm LWS and 19mm Support
- The Film Dual Follow Focus features a rod support bridge that snaps and clamps onto 19mm studio support rods. This allows you to add, remove, and adjust the position of the follow focus on the rods without having to remove any other accessories, such as lens support, zoom motor or matte box. It also includes a 15mm LWS rod support adapter that allows you to use the unit with 15mm LWS rods. The adapter features a similar clamping design as the 19mm rod bridge, so the unit maintains the same functionality.
- Belt Drive System
- The follow focus features a belt driven gear driven system, this provides for little to no play between the knob and the gear for consistent repeatable focus pulls. It also allows the drive gear arm to be adjusted for working with lenses for different diameters.
- Two Removable Hand Wheels
- The unit can accommodate two hand wheels and includes an extension so the hand wheel on the assistant side can clear large matte boxes in studio configuration. The hand wheels also featured textured rubberized grips for non-slip operation and accessory sockets for a whip or crank.
- Five Drive Gears
- The five included drive gears allow the unit to interface with lenses with focus gears of varying pitches including 0.8/64T, 0.8/38T, 0.8/43T, 0.6/64T, and 0.5/78T.