The Tilta 4x4 Carbon Fiber Matte Box from ikan is a 4 x 4 matte box that features carbon fiber and aluminum construction that makes it lightweight and durable. The matte box will work with lenses up to 100 mm in diameter. It features two independent 4 x 4 rotating filter stages and mounts onto lightweight 15mm rods. The matte box incorporates a swing-away design for rapid lens changes.
The included removable top and side flags can be precisely set and locked to block stray light from flaring your lens. The included anti-reflection rings protect your image by blocking stray light behind the camera bouncing off of filters in the matte box and flaring your image.
- Lightweight Construction
- The matte box itself is made out of carbon fiber with aluminum used for the support structure. This provides a lightweight yet sturdy unit that is appropriate for shooting hand-held or with a stabilizer rigs, when every ounce counts.
- Swing Away Design
- The swing-away design allows you to quickly move the matte box out of the way to check or change lenses, without having to remove the matte box from the support rods. This way you don't have to hand off the matte box to someone else, hold it under an arm or between your knees, or hang it under the rods while you work, greatly speeding your workflow and reducing the chance of dropping the matte box or having a filter tray fall out.
- Rotating 4 x 4 Filter Trays
- The matte box features two independently rotating 4 x 4 filter trays; this allows you to simultaneously rotate two filters, such as one polarizer and one graduated filter, or even two graduated filters, for creative effect.
- Top & Side Flags
- The removable top and side flags provide you additional flare control and attach to the matte box with a lockable hinged assembly. This allows you to precisely set your flags to match the edge of frame for different lenses and lock them in place so that they don't move during the shot.
- Anti Reflection Inserts
- The three included anti reflection inserts work with lenses with an outer diameter of 72, 80, and 90 mm. They provide a light-tight seal so that light from behind the camera cannot leak through where the lens joins the matte box and reflect off filters to flare your image. When you are using lenses with outer diameters other than 72, 80, and 90 mm or with lenses that have excessive focus travel it is recommended to use the cloth "nun's knickers" to prevent light leaks.