The Reason Essentials 2 Software from Propellerhead Software packs an array of recording, editing, effects, instruments, mixing, and mastering tools needed for great sounds in a streamlined package with room to grow and expand.
The Reason Essentials 2 Software puts making music in focus. From conception to completion, it comes with all the essential tools for turning good ideas into songs. It comes with a selection of instruments and effects in a virtual rack that builds itself or can be tweaked to your requirement—drum machine, loop player, sampler, synths, reverb, delay, distortion, and more. The intuitive audio and MIDI sequencer make recording and arranging your music a breeze.
With its comprehensive sound bank and familiar creative flow, Reason Essentials features the sounds and patches that let you focus on the music and finish better-sounding songs faster.
At the heart of the Reason Essentials is the virtual rack that builds itself as you create your song. Choose a synth, drum machine, loop player, or any device from the Create menu and it will instantly appear in your rack, logically patched into the signal chain. The Reason Essentials rack can be stacked with an infinite number of instruments reverbs, distortion units, delays, dynamic processors, and mastering equalizers. While all audio connections are automatically made, a single key press turns the rack around for modifying the connections as required. Repatch by dragging the patch cord plug to the desired connector to build your own sounds.
For guitar and bass players, Reason comes with guitar and bass POD devices from amp and cabinet simulation experts Line 6, Inc. With bass and guitar amplifiers available for every single track in your project, you are never short of interesting tones and timbres. With virtual amps you are free to change your amplifier and cabinet settings at any point in time, even after laying down your track. Plus, the Line 6 guitar and bass amplifiers are expandable with more amps and cabinets through model packs available from Line 6.
A powerful, easy-to-use sequencer is positioned below the rack. Capture instrument performances and automation, record and overdub audio, or draw in your notes with the mouse. Any mistakes can be easily corrected, adjusted, or quickly spliced together from multiple takes. The timestretch feature lets you play now and then pick the tempo later. Change the song tempo on the fly and all your audio tracks will follow right along. To slow your song down to nail a tricky passage, just reduce the tempo, record your performance, and bring the tempo back up. The built-in audio slicing automatically finds the individual hits in your performance, for correcting the timing of your recordings to match the feel of your song. Resample your audio recording as REX files and continue working with your sounds and loops in the devices in the rack.
Reason Essentials' masterfully modeled mixing console gives you a built-in 2-band EQ on every channel, advanced effects handling, full automation, while the renowned radio-ready master bus compressor gives you a big studio sound.
- Included Instruments
- NN-XT advanced sampler
- Dr. Octo Rex loop player
- Redrum pattern-based drum machine
- Subtractor analog subtractive synthesizer
- ID-8 songwriter's toolbox
- Combinator for building chains of instruments, effects, and pattern sequencers
- Included Effects
- Line 6 virtual guitar amplifier
- Line 6 virtual bass amplifier
- DDL-1 digital delay line
- DF-101 chorus/flanger
- RV7000 advanced reverb
- Scream 4 Sound Destruction Unit
- 4-band mastering EQ
- Dual band stereo imager
- Stereo compressor with sidechain input, soft-knee mode and CV out
- Maximizer with look-ahead and soft clip
- Mixing Console Features
- Complete channel strip for every instrument and audio channel
- 2-band EQ
- 4 send effects slots
- Insert effect slot
- Master compressor
- Other Features
- Unlimited audio recording and instrument channels
- Six instruments included are NN-XT sampler, Dr. Octo Rex Loop Player, Redrum drum machine, Subtractor synth, ID-8, and Combinator
- Ten effects included are delay, reverb, virtual amps, distortion, chorus, and mastering effects
- Modeled mixing console with channel strip for every instrument and audio channel
- Rack Extension technology lets users expand their collection of instruments and effects with the devices they want
- Fully featured high-precision multitrack sequencer with audio comping tools, slicing, and audio quantize
- High quality realtime time stretch lets you adjust the tempo of your whole song or alter the timing of a recorded performance
- Bounce audio recordings to REX loop format for use in Reason Essentials' sampler or loop player
- Remote mapping to external MIDI controllers and hardware control surfaces
- Comes with a great factory sound bank, with patches for Reason Essentials devices, samples, and loops
- ReWire support
- Multicore support and 64-bit compatibility makes Reason Essentials fast and powerful on any computer
- Advanced exporting allows you to export your separate mixer channels as individual audio stems, including effects and tempo track
- ReGroove Mixer real-time groove console
- Matrix pattern-based sequencer
- 14 x 2 mixer with equalizer and effects send/return
- 6:2 channel stereo line mixer
- Spider Audio Merger & Splitter
- Spider Control Voltage Merger & Splitter