The 4-Port HDMI Real-Time Multiviewer with PiP / Dual / Quad / Full Modes from Smart-AVI is a part of the HD Multiviewer series of products that allow you to view up to 4 different HD digital video sources on 1 display device simultaneously. Connections to video sources are managed via HDMI or DVI connectors, with advanced viewing options such as dual-mode, quad-mode, full-screen mode, and PiP (Picture in Picture) mode.
In the dual-mode, the screen is split into 2 fields of equal size with each video source or computer being displayed in each of the fields. In quad-mode, the screen is split into 4 fields of equal size with the 4 video sources or computers being displayed in each of these fields. In the full-screen mode, 1 of the 4 video sources is displayed in full screen size and maximum resolution. In the PiP mode, the full screen displays 1 of the 4 video sources and is accompanied by 3 smaller images (thumbnails) containing the other video sources on the right-hand margin of the screen, allowing simultaneous monitoring.
Switching between the display modes is simple. You can use the buttons on the front-panel, the programmable keyboard hotkeys, RS-232 commands, or use the built-in OSD (On Screen Display). The OSD is accessible at the press of a button and features controls for all of the multiviewer’s functions. The multiviewer is easily programmable through the setup function of the OSD. Use this device to simplify the management of multiple video sources by accessing and controlling them from a single set of controls on one display.
The HD Multiviewer can be used in many applications that require real-time monitoring of multiple devices, like HDTV, DVD players, cameras, and computers. It is a suitable solution in situations where you need to monitor several sources at the same time. In Air Traffic Control environments, several computers are required to monitor the progress of flights and flight information. With the multiviewer you are to manage each computer and monitor the progress without having to switch between sources, making it a suitable solution for multitasking.
- View up to 4 sources on a single monitor at the press of a button
- OSD (On Screen Display) makes setup and switching easy
- Display each computer with clean and crisp high-resolution video
- Supports DVI-D input resolutions up to 1900 x 1200
- Supports 1080p HDMI output (1920 x 1080)
- Control any 1 computer or device while monitoring 3 others
- Delivers uncompressed digital video with zero signal loss
- HDCP and HDMI 1.4 compliant
- Supports EDID for total control of compliant displays
- Outputs HDMI up to 40' (12.2m)
- 1920 x 1080 HDMI or DVI-D
- Change views by pressing the tact switches, keyboard hotkeys, and RS-232
- Quad-mode splits the screen to show 4 sources on 1 screen
- Dual-mode splits the screen to show 2 sources on 1 screen
- PiP-mode displays 1 device in full screen with 3 thumbnail views
- Power Supply Approvals: UL, CE, CSA, CEC, RoHS
Corporate or educational presentations
Financial (remote servers / user control)
Call centers for technical support
Industrial (long-range workstation isolation)
Airport installations (air traffic control / passenger information)
Medical (remote operation away from sensitive / magnetic equipment)
Recording (for large studios where editing / mixing stations are compact and / or require complete silence)