Avid Symphony Option for Media Composer 7 or MC 7 Interplay Edition is a single license, electronic download of the advanced color correction toolset that works with Media Composer 7, which is a 64-bit non-linear editing system for Mac or Windows computers. This is only the Symphony option and will only run on a system with an active install of Media Composer 7 or Media Composer 7 with Interplay. The purchase provides one activation card, and the software must be registered with Avid before use, and it can only be registered on one computer at a time.
The Symphony option adds advanced color correction tools to Media Composer 7. These tools allow you greater control over your image and more flexibility and speed in completing the color correction process. It also includes Boris Continuum Complete for more advanced visual effects work.
- Color Correction
Symphony expands the color correction capabilities of Media Composer 7 with more advanced tools. some of the expanded capabilities include:
- HSL Tools - allow you to define the luma ranges of highlights, shadows, and midtones within an image.
- Level Group - are histogram-based controls that provide precise control over the entire image, or over individual color channels.
- Channels Group - can redefine each output color channel by blending input color components in various proportions. You can also use this to view each channel in monochrome, allowing you to identify color deficiencies in each channel.
- Secondary Color Correction Tools - allow you to isolate vectors and remap different hue and saturation levels.
- Relational Color Correction - allows you to color correct one clip, and automatically apply the same changes to every use of that same clip in the timeline.
- Merge Color Corrections - color corrections made in one version of a sequence can also automatically be applied to clips in other versions.
- Boris Continuum Complete
- Included with the Symphony option is Boris Continuum Complete, which features advanced visual effects plug-ins, including tools for 3D objects, distortion and perspective effects, and optical stabilization. It also includes effect generators for creating the look of Snow, Rain, and Fire, and light effects such as Glint, Glare, and Glitter. The included Matte tools provide wipe transitions, automated foreground object removal, along with colors and blurs, and film, glow, and cartoon effects.