The Sirui M-3204X 4-Section Carbon Fiber Tripod is a tall tripod that becomes quite compact for transport, thanks to its upward-folding legs. The M-3204X also features a detachable leg that transforms into a monopod when you unscrew it from the chassis and attach the mounting plate. The M-3204X differs from the M-3204 model due to its split center column which allows for a fast and easy transition to low angle shooting.
A monopod comes in very handy in areas where tripods are not allowed, such as many tourist areas, or in extremely tight quarters. The maximum extended height of the tripod is 69.7" and of the monopod is 69.3".
The M-3204X tripod's legs fold upward 180° to achieve a relatively compact folded length of 20.1" – even with select head models attached. Despite its small folded size and relatively light carbon fiber build (3.7 lb), the M-3204X supports extremely heavy loads (up to 39.6 lb), so you can support just about any DSLR camera/lens combination and most camcorders.
The tripod's center column is reversible, and the M-3204X comes with a short center column so that you can set up extremely close to the ground for ultra-low-angle shooting. With the center column split and the long section removed, you can set the legs at their wide angle (80°) and shoot from only 6.1" off the ground. Retractable spiked feet provide stability on soft ground, sand and even ice.
- The M-3204X tripod easily converts into a monopod.
- A new split center column allows for faster and easier transition to low-angle shooting.
- Carbon fiber construction offers a lightweight yet very sturdy build. It also does not react adversely to cold temperatures.
- 3mm diameter difference between each leg section for greater overall stability
- Silicone twist locks for leg stages and anti-leg rotation system for faster, one-handed set-up
- Automatic leg-angle lock mechanism for speed and convenience – independently lock legs into place at three different angles: 23°, 52° & 80°.
- Short center column allows the tripod to reach extremely low positions – minimum height of 6.1".
- An additional mounting plate attaches to the unscrewed monopod leg to mount a camera. A wrist strap is included for security in case the operator's grip slips.
- Leg warmer/padding facilitate handling in extreme weather conditions and adds level of protection.
- Center column hook allows you to add a ballast for a sturdier setup in windy conditions.
- Reversible 1/4"-20 & 3/8"-16 screw on mounting plate enables the attachment of virtually any camera, camcorder, or head.
- Well-designed padded travel bag with sturdy shoulder strap for carrying are included.