The black ThinkPad Helix 11.6" Multi-Touch Ultrabook Computer from Lenovo has a unique convertible design where the screen can be detached from the keyboard dock, allowing for four different modes. Notebook mode lets you maximize your productivity. Stand mode allows you to view photos and watch videos with ease. Tablet mode lets you utilize the touchscreen while Tablet+ mode combines portability and performance.
The 11.6" VibrantView display is a capacitive touchscreen with 10-point touch support for multi-touch gestures incorporated in Windows 8 Pro. The screen has in-plane switching (IPS) technology, a wide 178° viewing angle, LED backlighting, a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. The touchscreen also has a glossy finish for vibrant color and is made with infinity Corning Gorilla Glass for extra durability.
The system is powered by a dual-core 1.8GHz Intel Core i5-3337U processor. It also has 4GB of 1333MHz DDR3L RAM, a 128GB solid state drive, a front 2.0-megapixel camera, a rear 5.0-megapixel camera, NFC, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated digital microphone and built-in stereo speakers with Dolby Home Theater v4 technology. The Lenovo Helix also comes with an included Wacom digitizer pen that supports hover, tip and pressure modes.
Windows 8 Pro (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 Pro introduces a redesigned Start Screen with tiles that update in real-time. Windows 8 Pro also focuses on cloud storage as well as offers various apps through the Windows Store. Windows 8 Pro also focuses on data security. Bitlocker drive encryption helps protect corporate data on this ThinkPad X1 Carbon, thanks to its TPM chip. SmartScreen services help protect you from malicious sites and software on the Internet. Windows 8 Pro provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
Lenovo ThinkPad Helix
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5 Performance
- The Lenovo ThinkPad Helix houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5-3337U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.8GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 2.7GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 4GB of 1333MHz DDR3L RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently
- 11.6" VibrantView Capacitive Touchscreen
- The 11.6" capacitive touchscreen on this Lenovo ThinkPad Helix supports 10-point touch and utilizes multi-touch gestures integrated into Windows 8 Pro. The screen is scratch resistant, thanks to infinity Corning Gorilla Glass, while also providing vibrant color with its glossy finish. The screen also has in-plane switching (IPS) technology to provide a wide 178° viewing angle and uniform color. The display also has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. You can also output video to an external display via the Mini DisplayPort
- Four Modes, Versatile Design
- The Lenovo ThinkPad Helix is more than just an Ultrabook, it can be used in four distinct modes to maximize its portability and performance. Notebook mode allows you to use the Lenovo ThinkPad Helix as a traditional notebook. Stand mode is more for viewing photos and watching movies. Tablet mode is when you detach the screen from the keyboard dock and use it as a multi-touch tablet. Tablet+ mode allows you to lay the screen flat against the keyboard dock while connected so you'll have additional ports and battery life
- Stay Connected
- For Internet access, the Lenovo ThinkPad Helix supports 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi for a fast, wireless connection. In terms of wirelessly connecting to peripherals, you'll be able to utilize the Bluetooth 4.0 technology. The Lenovo ThinkPad Helix also supports NFC, which stands for near-field communications. With NFC, you'll be able to transfer data with other NFC-compliant devices by simply touching the devices together
- Wacom Digitizer Pen
- The Lenovo Helix comes with an included Wacom digitizer pen that supports hover, tip and pressure modes. The Wacom digitizer pen has a button for selection and does not require batteries to operate
Windows 8 Pro
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 Pro introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a more tablet style design featuring tiles that are customizable to your liking and that update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- Seamless Integration of Multi-Touch Gestures
- Windows 8 Pro supports multi-touch gestures. Now, you can use your keyboard, mouse or the touchpad using simple gestures. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. With the touchpad, Windows 8 Pro allows you to use multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8 Pro, you'll be able to bring all your personalized Start screens with you by signing into your Microsoft account. When signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your own Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to your services as well, such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it
- BitLocker drive encryption helps protect corporate data on mobile PCs that include a trusted platform module (TPM) chip. BitLocker now encrypts hard drives more quickly, helping to keep your data safe without interrupting your productivity. BitLocker also supports encrypted drives
- SmartScreen services help protect you from malicious sites and software on the Internet. It checks the reputation of any new app or website in order to keep you safe no matter what browser you're using. This helps prevent malware and other viruses from infiltrating your PC or your corporate network
- DirectAccess allows remote users to more securely and seamlessly access resources inside of a corporate network without having to launch a separate virtual private network (VPN) connection
- Windows Media Center
- Windows Media Center lets you turn your PC into a home entertainment system that can play and record high-definition TV (if you have additional tuner hardware), DVDs and CDs. It also has a software DVR that can play photo slideshows and Internet TV content