The ClothingPad Fashion Photography Studio from Ortery is big enough to shoot individual garments, sets of garments, and other fashion accessories such as shoes, handbags, and jewelry. It allows you to take professional, color accurate photos of clothing and fashion accessories, and immediately use them in any web or print application. You can create RAW, JPG, or PNG files with either pure white or transparent backgrounds by using a compatible Canon or Nikon dSLR camera.
The Software simplifies and automates the complete photography workflow including batch image processing and saving. You can take professional pictures and put them on your website in seconds.
- Computer-Controlled Photography
- Automatically controlling all camera and light settings is just the beginning. Once a picture is taken, software workflows streamline image editing, processing, and saving to maximize the photography throughput and savings.
- Product Shots with a Pure White Backgrounds
- The special lighting configuration makes it easy to take pictures that have a pure white background.
- Product Shots with Transparent Backgrounds
- You can take pictures and automatically knockout the background in real-time. The sophisticated edge detection technology separates the object from its background and automatically creates a PNG file with a transparent background.
- Automatic Edge Detection and Background Knockout Technology
- Offers crisp product edges.
- Automatic Trimming and Smoothing
- When necessary, you can trim a few pixels and smooth the result.
- Web-Ready Results
- Once an image is captured on pure white or a transparent background, it can be simultaneously saved several different ways for the web, then transferred by ftp.
- Color Accurate Results
- The ClothingPad utilizes surround daylight balanced bulbs to produce enhanced color accuracy.
- Adjustable Camera Position
Up and Down: You can move the camera up and down to achieve optimized results for small and large fashion accessories, including jewelry, handbags, and shoes. The arm is either in the up or down position.
Side Shots: Allows you to take pictures from directly above an object or from off to the side to create the look you want.
- Create Consistent Results
- The AfterImage feature in the software makes it easy to get consistent results. By loading a previously captured image and using it as a template in the live Preview, objects can be placed in exactly the same location even though they were shot at different times by different people.
- Simple to Use
- You can place an object, preview it, zoom, and compose, then click Snap. A picture with a pure white background automatically downloads and appears on your monitor screen in seconds. Or, after a few seconds, a PNG file with a transparent background is available. You can use the images for any application. Editing and prior photography experience are not required.
- Lets you keep your product photography free from contaminate light.
- Fast and Efficient Product Photography
- Picture taking, image processing, and saving are integrated in one software program to eliminate most of the tedious, time-consuming tasks. The ClothingPad streamlines product photography workflows to make product photography fast and efficient. No project is too large or too small. With a ClothingPad, companies can easily create 100s of publication-ready product shots per day.
- Software Controlled Photography
- Through USB connections to the camera and studio, users can control camera and light settings and take pictures with their mouse. Ortery image capture software controls and automates every aspect of the photography, processing, and saving workflows.
- Large Live Preview
- The software displays the content of the camera viewfinder on your computer screen. The real-time preview allows users to conveniently compose their images on a bigger screen and see adjustments to object position, camera settings, and crop markers in real time. Essentially, what you see is what you will get.
You can use real-time preview to set crop markers before taking a picture. Pictures are automatically cropped as they are captured, eliminating the need for post-production. Crop can be set as follows:
Free Form that adjusts crop as required
Fixed Ratio that pre-defines an aspect ratio that will constrain the crop to a specific size (example, 4 x 3)
Square that crops in a perfect square
- This feature allows users to overlay a transparent image of a previous shot on the preview to ensure that future shots are all taken at the same, consistent zoom and angle.
- Highlight Alert
- When activated, this feature highlights the parts of the picture that will be pure white in the final output. 1
- Auto, Manual, and Fixed Focus
- Users have the ability to auto focus or manually focus on the camera or manually focus in the software while viewing a real-time preview. 2
- Save for Web
- You can save images at low resolution (72 DPI) for a wide variety of computer and web applications. This feature includes batch image saving, renaming, resizing, watermarking, and ftp to a specific location. 3
- Save As
- You can also save images at high resolution (300 DPI) for archival and print applications. This feature includes batch image saving, renaming, resizing, watermarking, and ftp.
- Advanced Image Editing Tools
- Includes single or batch color correction tools (including Levels, Curves, Brightness, Contrast, Saturation & Sharpness) and an image-masking tool that allows users to select and change background color to pure white or any other color. The batch auto correct tool does an excellent job. Image editing in the MAC software only supports single image editing.
- Direct Image Export
- Enabling this feature means captured images can be instantly renamed, resized, set to a specific resolution, and watermarked before being immediately saved to local or network folder or opened inside Photoshop or some other image editing program. 4
- Users can upload a logo or choose from a preset logo to be applied to a single or set (batch) of images. Watermarking is a great way for businesses to brand and protect the images they create. This feature is also great for the professional who wishes to send proofs to the customer. 5
- Program Link
- This feature allows you to transfer a single image or set of images to any image editing application. Adobe Photoshop is set as the default. 6
- Captured images can be annotated with text and drawings to highlight specific features. This feature promotes efficient business communication. 7
- Captured image(s) can be instantly attached to an outgoing email. This feature, combined with image annotations, makes an excellent business communication tool. 8