The ZVOX SoundBase 555 for 37 to 55" TVs is a complete surround sound system, including a powered subwoofer, all in a single cabinet. Just place the SoundBase 555 on a piece of furniture, place your flat-panel TV on top of the ZVOX system, connect one wire and you have installed a high-performance home theater system in less than 10 minutes. It includes 5 high-performance speakers and a 5.25" powered subwoofer for window-rattling bass and high sound quality.
The ZVOX PhaseCue II virtual surround sound system creates 3-dimensional sound without the need for multiple speakers throughout the room. Movies come to life with vibrant, realistic, high-impact sound. Music sounds accurate and natural and vocals on TV shows come through with incredible clarity. The SoundBase 555 uses a highly advanced processor to digitally tailor the sound for high-frequency response. The result is a very smooth and accurate sound. This SoundBase system does not sound like a sound bar but like an audiophile quality speaker system.
- Great Sound
- The most important feature for any home theater system is high quality sound. The SoundBase 555 uses an amplifier design with extremely accurate frequency response and a warm, natural sound and powerful bass. It uses a 5.25" powered subwoofer in a spacious cabinet. The result is an accurate, window-rattling bass.
- PhaseCue II Virtual Surround Sound
- The SoundBase 555 uses PhaseCue II virtual surround processing to give you rich, 3-dimensional sound with movies or music. With music, PhaseCue II creates a very wide soundstage that literally sounds like you are listening to speakers 8' apart from each other. When listening to a good movie, the soundtrack envelops you and puts you in the middle of the action. The ZVOX 555 does a remarkable job at giving you the surround effects of a good 5.1 system. The SoundBase 555 is bi-amplified using a specially designed amplifier that includes electronic contouring for high frequency response. Its 5.25" subwoofer uses a high-mass long-throw design in a ported enclosure. The SoundBase System's five 2" main speaker drivers use a long-throw design to create remarkably wide range, accurate sound.
- Green Design
- This SoundBase system uses a highly-efficient Class D digital amplifier. Even playing at quite loud volumes, it usually uses less than 10W of total power. And standby power usage tends to hover around 0.1W, thereby making it a green audio system.
- Setting a Standard for Vocal Clarity
- ZVOX systems are known for their remarkable vocal clarity. This SoundBase system adds the stunning DE (Dialog Emphasis) feature. When you push the DE button on the remote control you engage a circuit that mimics the functions of a hearing aid. The frequencies used by human voices are dynamically emphasized, while other frequencies are minimized. This speaker system provides an easy-to-use and effective method for improving the intelligibility of television dialog.
- Uses Your Remote Control
- The SoundBase system can be programmed to respond to your remote control. The illuminated display walks you through a less-than-a-minute programming cycle. Your TV remote, cable box remote, satellite receiver remote, or any remote can then control the volume, mute, and power functions of the ZVOX system. The SoundBase 555 uses a highly advanced processor to digitally tailor the sound for high frequency response. The result is a very smooth and accurate sound. This SoundBase system does not sound like a sound bar but like an audiophile quality speaker system.
- Taming Commercials that are too Loud
- If you ever have been blasted out of your chair by a too-loud commercial or by a cable channel that is twice as loud as another channel then you will love the OL (Output Leveling) feature on the ZVOX 555. Just push the OL button and a sophisticated processor takes over, making soft sounds louder and loud sounds softer, so there are fewer jarring moments when switching channels or when commercials come on. This system also helps by boosting the audio levels from a DVD or Blu Ray player that is not loud enough.
- Disappearing Display
- The SoundBase 555 features a 4-digit display located behind the speaker grille that shows the current setting for volume, bass, treble, and PhaseCue II (virtual surround) and also shows when you have engaged the Mute, OL (Output Leveling) or DE (Dialog Emphasis) features. A few seconds after you stop using your remote (or front panel) controls, the display disappears completely.
- Multiple Inputs
- It includes a front-panel connection for iPod and other devices, Dolby Digital decoder. The SoundBase 555 has 2 analog audio inputs, 1 optical (Toslink) digital input, 1 coaxial digital input plus a front panel 3.5mm analog stereo input for convenient connection of your iPod or other portable audio device. Any specific input can be selected using either the remote control or the slim-line module below the speaker grille. The 2 digital inputs work with a built-in Dolby Digital decoder, which can improve virtual surround performance and allow for simplified connections to a wide variety of TVs, cable boxes, and disc players.
- Wood (MDF) Cabinet with Hand-Lacquered Side Panels
- The SoundBase system features a hand-built cabinet of heavy MDF with beautiful hand-lacquered high-gloss end panels. Its low-profile design easily blends with flat-panel TVs.