The ZVOX SoundBase 420 for 32 to 50" TVs delivers wonderful, room-filling home theater sound without the clutter of boxes and wires. The SoundBase 420 fits under your TV and there are no external speakers, subwoofers, or speaker wires.
The high-performance speakers and amplifiers offer high sound quality to the SoundBase 420. The SoundBase 420 uses a wood (MDF) cabinet rather than plastic. The PhaseCue II virtual surround system creates 3D sound with movies or music. The SoundBase 420 can also be taught to respond to your TV or cable box remote control.
The SoundBase 420 is bi-amplified using a specially designed amplifier that includes electronic contouring for high-frequency response. Its 5.25" subwoofer uses a high-mass long-throw design in a ported enclosure. The SoundBase System's five 2" main speaker drivers use a long-throw design to create remarkably wide range, accurate sound.
- Crystal Clear Voices
- Dialog Emphasis feature uses hearing aid technology to make voices very clear.
- Tame Loud Commercials
- Output Leveling feature reacts instantly and turns them down to a lower level.
- PhaseCue II Virtual Surround Sound
- The SoundBase 420 uses PhaseCue II virtual surround processing to give you rich, 3-dimensional sound with movies or music. The ZVOX 420 does a remarkable job at giving you the surround effects of a good 5.1 system. 1
- Disappearing Display
- The SoundBase 420 features a 4-digit display located behind the speaker grille that shows the current setting for volume, bass, treble, and PhaseCue II (virtual surround) and also shows when you have engaged the Mute, Output Leveling (OL), or Dialog Emphasis (DE) features. A few seconds after you stop using your remote (or front panel) controls, the display disappears completely.
- Uses your Remote Control
- The SoundBase system can be programmed to respond to your remote control. The illuminated display walks you through a less-than-a-minute programming cycle. Your TV remote, cable box remote, satellite receiver remote, or any remote can then control the volume, mute, and power functions of the ZVOX system.
- Multiple Inputs
- It includes a front-panel connection for iPod and other portable devices. The SoundBase 420 has 2 analog audio inputs, 1 optical (Toslink) digital input, 1 coaxial digital input - plus a front panel 3.5mm analog stereo input for convenient connection of your iPod or other portable audio device. Any specific input can be selected using either the remote control or the slim-line module below the speaker grille.
- Great Sound
- The most important feature for any home theater system is high-quality sound. The SoundBase 420 uses high-quality speakers and amplifiers that are designed by the team of New England Sound speaker designers.