The Philips 4GB Voice Tracer 1700 Digital Recorder lets you record notes and documents on-the-go. It supports both stereo MP3 and stereo PCM (WAV) recording formats, which enables you to utilize a variety of bit-rates ranging from 8 to 1411 kbps. It also includes Dragon NaturallySpeaking DVR Edition speech-to-text software that will automatically transcribe your recorded dictation files with a 99% accuracy rate.
The Voice Tracer 1700's other features include 4GB of built-in NAND flash memory, a micro-USB 2.0 port for high-speed data transfers, a voice volume indicator and a microSD card slot that supports up to 32GB of memory expansion. It's equipped with dual stereo microphones, a 3.5mm microphone input and a 3.5mm headphone output as well. For added convenience in the field, a built-in 110mW front speaker facilitates immediate playback of recent voice recordings.
The VoiceTracer 1700 is also outfitted with ClearVoice technology, which enhances the quieter voices that are more difficult to hear. Plus, for hands-free operation, the device supports voice-activated recording. When voice-activation is engaged, the device will automatically begin recording as soon as it detects a voice. When that voice stops, the recording stops. If the voice begins again, the recording will begin again until the feature is switched off.
The Voice Tracer 1700 also features an easy-to-read 1.5" dot matrix display and instant one-touch recording that lets you start a recording even when the device is powered off. All you have to do is hold down the record button for a moment and when the unit turns on it will instantly start recording. Other features include a keypad lock that protects your files and time-stamping, which allows you to quickly navigate through your recordings. Besides the speech-to-text software, the recorder includes a USB cable and two AAA batteries that support up to 30 hours of recording when using the LP mode.
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking DVR Edition Speech-to-Text Software
- The Dragon NaturallySpeaking software allows you to turn your recorded dictation files into text. The software is for Windows only and the system requirements include a DVD-ROM drive, 2GB of free hard disk space, 1GB of RAM, a free USB port and an Intel Pentium 4 or later processor. It will also work with a 1 GHz AMD Athlon 64 or later processor. An SSE2 instruction set is required and at least 512KB of L2 cache.
- Automatic Transcription with up to 99% Accuracy
- The state-of-the-art Dragon NaturallySpeaking software is easy to use. Just plug the Voice Tracer into your PC, transfer your files and let the software automatically turn your talk into text. This powerful software solution provides up to 99% accuracy as well, which ensures an efficient work flow.
- 2Mic Stereo Recording
- Recording in noisy environments can be a hassle and for clear playback and good speech recognition results a high-quality recording is essential. The Voice Tracer features two built-in stereo microphones which are designed to deliver speech clarity and reduce background noise.
- Stereo MP3 Recording for Crystal Clear Playback
- The Voice Tracer captures all recordings in stereo and the popular MP3 format, the common audio format for consumer audio storage, as well as a de facto standard encoding for the transfer and playback of recordings. It also supports WAV format recording as well.
- Voice-Activation Function for Hands-Free Recording
- Voice-activated recording is a convenience feature for hands-free recording. When enabled, recording will start automatically when you start speaking. Recording stops automatically after you stop speaking and restarts automatically when you start speaking again.
- One-Touch Operation for Instant Recording
- Press and hold the record button for a moment to switch the Voice Tracer on and then start recording instantly.
- 4GB Memory
- With 4GB of built-in NAND flash memory, your Voice Tracer is able to capture up to 1140 hours of continuous recording.
- MicroSD Memory Card Slot for Virtually Unlimited Recording
- The Voice Tracer supports virtually unlimited recording capacity thanks to a microSD memory card slot that supports up to 32GB of additional memory.
- Time-Stamped Recording Improves File Navigation
- Thanks to time-stamped recording, the date and time of your recordings are added to the sound file, allowing you to easily find and navigate through your file library.
- Large Display for Clear Recording Status Information
- The 112 x 112 high-resolution LCD dot matrix 1.5" display supports English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Polish and Simplified Chinese, and it also provides clear recording status information.
- ClearVoice sound enhancement for clear and natural reproduction of speech
- A keypad lock keeps your recordings safe and secure when you're away from the recorder
- Supports variable playback speed and is optimized for notes
- Features a voice volume indicator and a record monitor function
- Recorder has a file overwrite and append mode
- Mass storage class compliant and firmware upgradeable
- This is a lead-free soldered product