The diskless AS-604T 4-Bay NAS Server from Asustor comes equipped with four hot-swappable storage bays capable of holding both 2.5" and 3.5" SATA II and SATA III hard drives or solid state drives (drives sold separately). The server provides 111.18 MB/s Windows read and 108.66 MB/s write speed. Additionally, it offers 99.24 MB/s iSCSI read and 97.88 MB/s write speed. The 4-bay NAS server acts as an ultimate hub for your digital home entertainment.The NAS server comes equipped with a 2.13 GHz Intel Atom Dual-Core processor and 1GB of SO-DIMM DDR3 RAM (expandable up to 3GB) to maintain efficient data transfer speeds. The AS-604T server features dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, making it a reliable storage server. In addition, it features two USB 3.0 ports, four USB 2.0, and two eSATA ports to enhance expansion capabilities. Personal cloud storage, a 24/7 download assistant, and multitude of mobile apps are few features of the Asustor NAS. In addition, it is eco-friendly and designed for an energy efficient and quiet operation. The Asustor NAS provides optimal data protection through RAID technology. A diverse array of automatic backup solutions is also supported, guaranteeing the security of your data. Seamless cross-platform file sharing allows you to easily connect to your NAS device, no matter if you are using Windows, Mac OS, or UNIX operating system. When paired with mobile applications (iOS and Android), Asustor's exclusive Cloud Connect technology lets you access data on your NAS device from anywhere. Additionally, the NAS device can be used with virtual environments such as VMware, Citrix, and Hyper-V. It also supports the use of NFS and iSCSI in the creation of shared storage for virtual environments, making it an ideal alternative to SAN. The Asustor NAS provides you with a complete host of data protection and backup solutions to look after your most important information, creating a stress-free and liberating user experience. It provides optimal data security solutions with abundant data protection and backup features. Using backup utilities such as Backup Plan and Apple Time Machine, you can easily backup data from a Windows PC or Mac directly onto an Asustor NAS device. The NAS also offers a variety of RAID configurations, allowing you to select the most appropriate configuration for your security needs. Moreover, it supports a multitude of two-way sync and backup options. Besides backing up your data onto a NAS device, you can also further back up the data from a NAS device onto other devices. Asustor NAS devices support backup via the cloud, external hard drives, Rsync, and FTP. The Asustor NAS allows you to enjoy the conveniences of cloud computing, while simultaneously providing you with high data security. The NAS comes pre-installed with ADM Defender, which protects your data against all malicious attacks. Secure multitenancy and SSL encryption allow you to access your data in a protected and stress-free environment. In addition, the NAS device supports military grade AES 256-bit encryption for each individual shared folder, giving you the type of security and privacy that you require for your most confidential data. In addition to providing security for your data, Asustor also caters to your other security interests. The pre-installed Surveillance Center lets you collectively manage an array of IP cameras. Through the power of the Internet, you can keep an eye on all your valued interests. In the event of any disruptions, Surveillance Center will notify you at once.
Note! Requires hard drives; drives not included.
- The AS-604T NAS comes preinstalled with the ADM 2.0 NAS operating system which has a number of advanced features like rapid search, multiple user accounts, system notifications, and multitasking. An app store called App Central provides users with the ability to download over 90 unique apps giving this NAS Drive extended capabilities for business, website construction or even digital home entertainment. Other Features of ADM 2.0 include:
Fast and Reliable FTP Client
- You can directly transfer files and browse FTP sites from within the convenience of the ADM desktop with Asustor's FTP explorer. You can enjoy drag and drop file transfers, bandwidth control for uploads and downloads, resuming downloads and more. The FTP Backup supports two-way data transfers, incremental backups, and the scheduling of your NAS to perform regular backup jobs. It effectively simplifies data backup while substantially reducing the burden on IT staff.
- FTP is one of the most widely used and popular transfer protocols in the world. Every Asustor NAS has a built-in FTP server feature that allows you to create a personal FTP server within seconds. Hosting your own FTP server instantly gives you the power to share and exchange files over the Internet.
- File Explorer comes pre-installed with ADM and can be used to browse and manage the files on your NAS. It can display all directories and files found on your storage volumes. All tasks, including uploading, downloading, moving, copying, compressing, decompressing and ISO file mounting can be done from within File Explorer.
- One Touch Backup
- Simply plug your USB storage device or camera into the NAS and push the backup button. Your data will then be copied to a location on the NAS that you specify. The NAS ensures that your photos and data are protected.
- One Touch Backup also allows hassle-free backup of data on your NAS. Asustor's 2-way transfer support allows for your NAS data to be copied to your favorite USB storage device, providing an effective disaster recovery solution.
- Cloud Backup
- Home and business users alike can back up data from their Asustor NAS to the popular cloud storage service Amazon S3, further ensuring the protection of their data. This means that in the event that the data on your NAS is damaged, you will be able to immediately restore it from Amazon S3. The Asustor NAS is able to both upload to and download from Amazon S3, letting you get backup and restoration jobs done in just a few easy steps.
- The Asustor NAS is designed around ecologically friendly concepts and features a host of power saving options that can help you save power. This allows you to enjoy the convenience of technology while helping to protect the environment at the same time. Features such as power management schedules allow you to configure startup and shutdown times for the NAS, while disk hibernation allows you to assign times for your hard disks to automatically enter hibernation mode when there is no data access to them. This helps you to save power while also prolonging the lifespan of your disks.
- Asustor's exclusive power saving features also include power management options for LED indicators, LCD display options that allow you to either display a custom message or the local temperature and smart fans which automatically adjust their speed according to the temperature. The Asustor NAS is fully compliant with EuP standards (EuP 2.0).
- When your NAS is not in use you can lower its power consumption by putting it into Sleep Mode.
- Use ADM Defender's firewall to control access to your NAS. Ensure the security of your system by deciding who can have access to your NAS and who cannot.
- Network Defender
- ADM Defender's Network Defender function protects you from malicious attacks and prevents hackers from trying to access your NAS. Any client IP addresses with too many unsuccessful login attempts to your NAS within a specified time period will be blocked by Network Defender.
Folder-Based AES 256-Bit Encryption
- The Asustor NAS offers folder-based military grade AES 256-bit encryption, giving you the necessary security and privacy for your most confidential data. All data stored in encrypted folders will be automatically encrypted and secured to high standards.
IP SAN iSCSI Storage
- Asustor provides a unified storage solution with an optimal price/performance ratio, allowing your NAS to become a file or backup server and at the same time act as an IP-SAN iSCSI storage device. iSCSI can not only be used to expand a server's storage space, but also act as a datastore for a virtual server when used with a virtual environment like VMware, Citrix or Hyper-V.
- The iSCSI features supported by Asustor NAS devices include:
- LUN mapping
- Target masking
- ISO file mounting
- MPIO & MCS support
- Persistent (SCSI-3) reservations
- Asustor has made continuous efforts in managing large scale IT environments to help IT staff simplify their responsibilities and reduce their burden. ADM's easy-to-use interface provides management tools for network users and groups, allowing IT administrators to configure different folder access rights for each Windows AD user and group.
Advanced Folder Permissions
- In addition to configuring different shared folder access rights on the Asustor NAS, you can use ADM's File Explorer to configure access rights for individual folder and files. This provides great flexibility for managing access rights to data and is particularly useful for IT staff as it gives them a myriad of convenient options when deploying the NAS in an enterprise environment.