The Tail Cap and Pressure Switch for Tornado-Series Flashlights from Vulta provides a convenient and reliable remote switch for Tornado-series flashlights. The tail cap element plugs into the tail of the flashlight and connects to the pressure switch via a high-tension silicone cable that can extend to a maximum of 3.3' (1 m). The pressure switch features five parallel switches which function just as the flashlight's tail cap switch, activating a temporary-on mode. The five soft-contact switches all function equally, enabling a quick touch anywhere on the pressure switch to activate the light. Also, the pressure switch can be unplugged from the tail cap for handheld use, allowing the tail cap switch to activate the light.
The tail cap is made from MIL-SPEC Type III hard anodized aluminum alloy and is waterproof to the IPX8 standard and submersible to 6.5'. A lightly machined knurling on the tail cap enables a better grip in cold and wet conditions and an integrated shroud prevents accidental activation. The connector is made of stainless steel and the high-tension silicone cable is 12" when relaxed and stretches to 3.3'.
- For Vulta Tornado Series Flashlights
- The FA-P1 Tail Cap and Pressure Switch assembly provides remote power for your Vulta Tornado-series flashlights. The Vulta Tornado FL-E25P, FL-D38P and FL-D45P LED flashlights are compatible.
- Temporary-On and Constant-On Power
- The FA-P1 Tail Cap replaces your Vulta Tornado-series flashlight's tail cap to provide temporary-on and constant-on power. It functions exactly like your flashlight's tail cap: half-press and hold for temporary-on, and press all the way until it clicks for constant-on.
- Pressure Switch Cable Can Be Unplugged from the Tail Cap
- When you need your Tornado-series flashlight for normal handheld use, you can unplug the Pressure Switch cable from the tail cap. A rubber stopper seals the plug to prevent dust and debris from entering.
- MIL-SPEC Type III Hard Anodized Aluminum Alloy
- The Tail Cap is crafted from MIL-SPEC Type III hard anodized aluminum alloy to withstand harsh environments.
- Parallel Internal Switches
- The FA-P1 is designed with five parallel internal switches for multiple points of activation, so you can press nearly anywhere on the Pressure Switch to power your flashlight.
- High-Tension Silicone Cable
- The Pressure Switch wire's outer layer is made from high-tension silicone to handle large-current flow for continuous use.
- IPX-8 Waterproof Rating
- The FA-P1 is submersible up to 6.5' (2 m) and carries an IPX-8 waterproof rating. You won't have to worry about keeping it dry when you're caught outside in the rain.
- Enhanced Grip
- Lightly machined knurling on the Tail Cap enables an enhanced grip, even with cold or wet hands.
- Tail Cap Shroud
- The FA-P1's tail cap shroud surrounds the tail cap button and prevents your flashlight from being turned on accidentally.