The LS421DE LinkStation (2 Drive) NAS Enclosure from Buffalo is an empty two drive enclosure for two 3.5" Desktop Drives and is a powerful yet convenient way to link and manage data stored on computers, smartphones, tablets and other devices. Easy to set up and use, the LinkStation offers massive storage and is packed with convenient features for transferring files, streaming content, adding disks, backing up and protecting data and more.
- Key Features
The NAS provides storage up to 8TB (with two 4 TB drives*)
The LinkStation achieves data transfer speeds of over 80 MB/s.
It provides remote access from smart devices, including media content (Android/iOS) and BitTorrent (Android).
The NAS supports multiple formats. No reformatting is required for external hard disk drives and SDXC flash memory.
The NAS supports plug and play USB connectivity; no drivers or settings needed 1
- More Storage and Remote Access
- The LS421DE diskless enclosure allows users to construct RAID arrays using drives with their preferred storage capacities. With current model smartphones and tablets featuring high-resolution cameras, these files can quickly fill up a mobile device's storage. Downloading WebAccess to the portable device makes it easy to transfer, save and access files not only on the drive and home network, but also over the mobile network. The LS421DE works as a remote external hard disk drive that can be accessed from anywhere, freeing up storage on mobile devices and increasing smartphone and tablet capacity.
- Designed and Built for High Performance
- The LinkStation delivers data transfer speeds of 80 MB/s or more (when DLNA feature is switched off; default DLNA setting is off) with the latest processors and technologies. You can experience fast copies and videos, streamed content and more without stalls or hiccups.
- Interoperability with Multiple Devices
- In addition to the WebAccess app, the LinkStation can connect with DLNA-supported TVs and consoles to search and play movies stored on the NAS. Use the Twonky Beam app to forward movies to TVs and big screens supporting DLNA (DMR). Files are accessed just like they are on a computer. BitTorrent, which speeds transfers by distributing large amounts of data over the Internet, can be used anywhere, anytime and doesn't even require a computer, by using "BitTorrent Remote" Android app. USB projectors, displays and other USB devices can be easily connected and are ready for use through the network.
- Simple UI Provides Advanced Control
- Setting up new devices and new interfaces can be a hassle. The tile-based user interface uses icons, so navigating these processes is easy and fast. Users can also go to the advanced page to make custom settings to the parameters.
- Supports USB 3.0
- This LinkStation includes a USB 3.0 port. Plug a USB hard drive into the available USB port to expand the total capacity of your LinkStation unit. Additionally, this enclosure model allows you to select your preferred drives and combine them the way you want to achieve higher performance.
- To add storage capacity, simply connect an external drive. External disks for backing up the LinkStation can be used easily. The NAS enclosure supports RAID 1 (mirroring) to automatically duplicate and protect your data if a disk should ever fail.