Get closer to the action and enhance student interaction with the compact PJ WX4240N Short-Throw Business Projector from Ricoh. Use it to project large screen presentations in high-definition from close distances to maximize impact and classroom space, while minimizing instructor distractions. The short-throw projection system significantly reduces glare and shadows, so instructors can conduct interactive presentations with more clarity and student participation. Presenters can take advantage of its image quality, advanced connectivity, intuitive controls, and flexibility. Mount the projector, place it on a table’s edge as a standalone system, or add it to your total print and visual communications fleet to improve efficiencies for your institution.
- Energize presentations and show videos with vibrant colors and high-definition clarity without glare or excessive noise.
- The projector features DLP (Digital Light Processing) technology as well as a 3000 lumens brightness rating, 5000:1 contrast ratio, and up to 1280 x 800 WXGA native resolution for optimal performance in nearly any lighting conditions.
- Operating noise is limited to 38 dB or less. Plus, the system features 10W speakers to ensure that the audience hears you and your presentation rather than the noise from the projector.
Instruction Support Features
- Leveraging ultra-high definition lens technology, the PJ WX4240N Projector easily mounts to a ceiling or wall and allows instructors to stand closer to and point out elements on the presentation surface without blocking the projection or creating shadows.
- The projection system displays crisp, clear images up to 140.0" (335.6cm) tall from close distances. It can even produce high-quality images up to 60.0" (152.4cm) diagonally when placed within 2.0' (60.9cm) from the wall. In addition, fixed mount installation eliminates daily setup and breakdown tasks, reduces cabling, discourages theft, and helps extend the projector life.
- With the Presentation Timer feature, instructors can rehearse their presentation to ensure that the classes stay on schedule or use the timer as a countdown when testing.
- With automatic balancing, every image can be displayed in-focus with vivid colors in nearly any setting.
- Auto Brightness control simplifies set up and helps to maximize lamp life by sensing the amount of light in a room and adjusting the brightness to deliver the best image quality.
- The control panel is located on the top of the system for easy access and a remote control provides easy access to advanced functions via the projected menu screens.
- For larger classrooms, instructors can coordinate one presentation that can be viewed in up to 4 classrooms on 4 different projectors using the Multi-Screen mode. Easily identify available networked projectors using QuickProjection.
- A simple one-time installation using the Network Utility (included on the CD-ROM) provides fast access to all networked projectors.
- With the eBeam technology (sold separately) from Luidia, presenters can transform an ordinary whiteboard or wall surface into an interactive display.
- A special stylus captures the instructors' handwriting strokes and many systems include the ability to display pre-stored teaching templates and maps.
- When using the Wall Color Mode feature, the projector adjusts the colors of the projected image to optimize image quality when presenting on color surfaces or chalkboards, thereby enhancing portability.
- The projection system offers Ethernet connectivity and compatibility with Macs and PCs so that educational and training videos can be shown with ease.
- Carry presentations with you on USB-compliant devices or memory cards. Use the HDMI port to play movies from DVD and Blue-ray players even those shot in 3D format.
- The projector offers wireless connectivity so you can eliminate cables and maximize mobility from classroom to classroom. Each system allows educational administrators to manage basic tasks, change projector settings and monitor user access to streamline workflow and promote optimal energy efficiency.
- Each system allows educational administrators to manage basic tasks, change projector settings and monitor user access to streamline workflow and promote optimal energy efficiency.
- The PJ WX4240N Projector supports PJLink and Ricoh @ Remote service, so administrators can remotely power the unit On or Off, configure settings with ease from any location and generate status and error reporting to ensure optimal efficiency and enhance projector life.
- 0.65" (16.51mm) Liquid Crystal Panel
- High-pressure Mercury (250 W) lamp
- Video Compatible Signals: NTSC, PAL, SECAM, HDMI, PAL-M, PAL-60, NTSC 4.43, 60 Hz (Mono), 50 Hz (Mono)
- Auto Brightness Control
- Eco Mode
- Auto Keystone Correction
- 3D-ready Blu-ray 3D projection
- Interactive ready
- AV Mute (Blank)
- Re-size (magnify)
- Digital zoom (80 to 100% reduction)
- Password protection
- Wall Color mode
- Key lock
- Security bar
- User logo
- Carbon meter
- Closed captioning
- Presentation Timer
- Multi-screen projection (1 PC to 4 Projectors)
- Digital camera
- PJLink Technology
- PC free presentation (JPEG / MPEG2 via USB)
- Remote control