The C710-2688 C7 Series 11.6" Chromebook Computer from Acer features the innovative Google Chrome OS operating system. Google Chrome OS is a Linux-based operating system designed by Google to work exclusively with web applications. This Acer Chromebook combines the aspects of a pure cloud client with the hardware of a traditional portable computer, which puts it in its very own class of netbook and notebook computers.
Paying homage to Google Chrome's minimalist appearance, this Acer Chromebook has a simple and clean look with an iron gray matte finish. The Chrome OS keyboard features Chrome OS Function keys, which can directly control the browser, volume and screen brightness. The entire extra large Clickpad is also a mouse button so you can click anywhere on the pad. The Clickpad also supports the two-finger scroll gesture so you can navigate with precision and ease.
The 11.6" CineCrystal widescreen display is backlit with LED lamps for better image quality and energy efficiency. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio as well as a 1366 x 768 native resolution, thanks to the integrated Intel HD graphics.
The system is powered by a dual-core 1.1GHz Intel Celeron 847 processor. It also has 4GB of DDR3 RAM, a 16GB solid-state drive, a 2-in-1 media card reader, 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, an integrated webcam and microphone as well as built-in stereo speakers. Chrome OS is the installed operating system.
- Chrome OS
- Using Linux as a base, Google designed Chrome OS to work exclusively with web applications. The user interface takes a minimalist approach, which greatly resembles the Google Chrome web browser. Chrome OS was built for people who spend a majority of their time on the computer connected to the Internet. The only application that comes installed on Chrome OS is a special Google Chrome web browser with an integrated media player and file manager. All other applications are accessed by adding apps from the Google Chrome Web Store
- Wireless Connectivity
- Geared for portable use, you'll be able to stay online at home, outdoors or on your morning commute with built-in 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi. 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi support ensures that you'll always be able to jump on the Internet to access your email, browse the Web or connect with your social networks. You can also use the 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet RJ-45 LAN jack if you need a reliable wired connection
- Instant Web Access
- This Acer Chromebook can boot up in 8 seconds as well as resume instantly from where you left off. Pushing for a simple and fast Internet experience, all your favorite websites will load quickly and run smoothly with the full support for the latest web standards as well as Adobe Flash. In fact, This Acer Chromebook is designed to get faster over time as software and OS updates are released
- Amazing Web Apps
- This Acer Chromebook has the ability to run millions of different web apps, from games to spreadsheets to photo editors. Thanks to the power of HTML5, many web apps can keep working even in the rare moments of when you're not connected to the Internet. Visit the Chrome Web Store to try out the latest web apps or just type in a URL address. No installation CDs required
- In the Cloud
- You never have to lose important data and files to a faulty hard drive ever again. All your apps, documents and settings are stored safely in the cloud instead of locally on your 16GB solid state drive. So even if you lose or break your current Acer Chromebook, you can just get another one, log in and get all your files back without missing a beat
- Seamless Updates
- Over time, your Acer Chromebook will get faster and more efficient. Unlike a traditional computer, your Acer Chromebook updates itself automatically upon booting up. All of your web apps stay up-to-date and you will always have the latest and best version of the Chrome OS operating system without having to do it manually. Annoying update prompts are not included since all updates are done in the background seamlessly
- Multi-Layered Security
- This Acer Chromebook has the first consumer operating system that was designed from the ground up to defend against the ongoing threat of malware and viruses. Chrome OS employs the principle of "defense in depth" to provide multiple layers of protection, including sandboxing, data encryption and verified boot