Mocha Pro v3 Floating License for 3 Computers (Electronic Download) from Imagineer Systems Ltd. provides you with a single license for use on any three computers at a time across a networked group of computers.
Mocha Pro is a standalone rotoscoping, object removal, object insertion, lens calibration, stabilization, and 3D camera solver software centered on an award winning planar tracker. It exports to most popular editing applications and is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux.
The planar tracker, honored in 2013 with the Science & Engineering Academy Award, lets you track moving objects that move within a frame, that exit a frame, or that enter a frame. For example -- if you fix a logo on the side of a moving van using the object insertion tool, and the van drives out of the frame, the logo will behave as if natively fixed on the van, gradually disappearing out of the frame along with the van, and same on entry into the frame -- the logo will gradually appear along with the van. The planar tracker doesn't require any clearly outstanding details to stick to and can even track a completely white surface. And moreover, it can track straight through motion blur without any disruption.
The planar tracker tracks planes, not points, and is thus capable of such completely successful tracking. Points are limited to detail-full areas and are susceptible to being outsmarted by blurs. But planes are entire surfaces that you get to define by drawing simple splines around objects. These surfaces are large areas of pixel data that the tracker will follow precisely. Once you define a surface area, you can then apply rotoscoping, object removal, and other functions based on it. Mocha features two spline types -- X splines, which generally work better for tracking perspective motion, and the versatile, industry standard Bézier splines. Multiple splines of both types are applicable at the same time to ensure a continual and unobstructed track across multiple surfaces. In the example with the van, you can have a spline around the logo, one around details within the logo, like drop shadows, and one around the bumper.
The workflow is as efficient as can be, and for some functions it is innovatively efficient. In the scenario wherein the van enters the frame, you get to set up a track in reverse -- you get to draw one big spline around the logo once the van is fully in the frame, and when you play the footage in normal motion, the logo will gradually appear in the frame. If not for this reverse workflow, you would need to draw numerous splines around the logo as more and more of it appears in the frame.
Other than tracking a moving object, the planar tracker can also track a stationary one in a moving shot, such as tracking text on a stationary store awning that a camera is dollying in on.
- Standalone rotoscoping and object removal / insertion application centered on a planar tracker
- Also features lens calibration, stabilization, and 3D camera solver tools
- Integrates with most popular editing applications
- Compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux
- This floating license is valid for use on any three computers at a time on a network
- What's New in mocha Pro v3?
- RED (R3D) file support
- Lens improvements: export distortion maps to AE, Nuke, Flame, Fusion, and more
- Improved Roto: Transform tool and Join Layers tool (parent control points)
- Project management: organize and group layers / share and merge projects
- Dope Sheet: keyframe editor simplifies animation retiming, copy, paste
- Key Features
- 2.5D planar tracking
- AdjustTrack module
- X-spline and Bezier roto tools with per-point edge feathering
- Roto Tools: Transform Controls and Join Layers
- Layer Manager: color spline, color fill, group layers, and multi-select
- 3D camera solve module: unique alternative to feature tracking
- Dopesheet keyframe editor
- OGL accelerated matte rendering with motion blur
- Project Merge
- Removal Module: Auto-object removals with optional clean plate inserts
- Render distortion maps (rasterized ST maps)
- External distortion maps can be imported and used in all mocha Pro modules
- Insert Module: 2D match move compositing with motion blur render
- Offset and 3D offset surface composting and track export
- Mesh Warper distortion tool
- Color Fill Shape rendering (export to Nuke Rotopaint and mocha shape for After Effects)
- Lens calibration: analyzes and calibrates lens distortion
- Image stabilization