The Sony SpectraLayers Pro 2 is an audio spectrum editing software application.
Extracting, layering, and processing audio in the spectral realm is quick and easy with the SpectraLayers Pro 2 software application. It features a fast processing engine, seamless interoperability with Sound Forge Pro 11, and a host of tools, methodologies, and user interface improvements for more convenience, creative options, and enhanced workflow. Available for both Mac and PC, this software is suitable for all audio professionals.
- Enhanced Performance
- SpectraLayers Pro 2 features a redesigned engine that can deliver up to an eightfold increase in performance speed. Enjoy faster spectral graph explorations in any scenario, even while using 3D Displace mode.
- One-Click Noise Extraction
- To improve upon the artistic noiseprint approach to noise reduction, SpectraLayers Pro 2 provides a convenient one-click command that instantly extracts your custom noiseprint over the target layer's entire spectral expanse.
- View & Edit Markers and Metadata
- Pass markers and metadata freely between SpectraLayers Pro 2 and SoundForge Pro 11. Place and edit markers in SpectraLayers Pro 2 and switch them on and off as needed to operate on a clear spectral graph. SpectraLayers Pro 2 automatically merges markers from incoming files to help keep your screen uncluttered.
- Shape Tool
- The Shape tool in SpectraLayers Pro 2 makes intuitive selection of sounds in the spectrum easier than ever. It is suitable for extracting drum sounds-simply point and click to pull your hits to the active layer.
- Frequency Range Display Options
- Toggle your view to display audio frequency ranges plotted on your choice of logarithmic scales.
- Faster Project Resampling with Full Channel Remixing Options
- Resampling in SpectraLayers Pro 2 is now three times faster, and a channel remix dialog allows you to freely define, route, and mix channels during the resampling process.
- Pitch Shifting
- SpectraLayers Pro 2 features a flexible pitch-shifting algorithm that delivers better results in less time. It allows you to optimize the quality of your transpositions via the Window Overlap and Window Size controls while simultaneously previewing your edits.
- User Interface Improvements
Peer deeper into the spectral graph while taking advantage of your Retina display equipped MacBook Pro. Expand the frequency axis while keeping the spectral graph anchored to the 0 Hz baseline.
View selections clearly against any spectral graph.
Clear any selection at any time with the Esc key.
- Smart Editing Tools
SpectraLayers Pro 2 features 5 tools that are used for identifying, selecting, and extracting audio material in the spectral display. Every tool is intelligent, highly specialized, and user-configurable.
Select and extract anything under your cursor. Program this tool to make tiny, sharp-edged selections with pinpoint accuracy, or just use it like an aerosol spray can to execute giant spectral cuts that span octaves.
Trace, follow, select, and extract continuous frequency bands in the spectrum. Program this tool to reach forward in time and intelligently seek out continuous streams of the target frequency.
Train this tool on the fundamental frequency of any pitched sound and watch it automatically select that frequency as well as a user-defined number of its associated higher harmonics.
This tool focuses on solid spectral shapes located directly under your cursor. Five user-configurable controls set all the thresholds and tolerances you need to make accurate selections in any spectral graph.
• Noise This tool delivers noiseprint-based noise reduction that features artistic noiseprints–customized noiseprints containing multiple frequency bands of any width.
- Spectral Casting/Spectral Molding
- You can use the frequency spectrum of one layer as a mold or cast for carving an impression of its frequency signature directly into the spectrum of a second layer. The resulting third layer-the impression layer-can then be shaped using any process, or even phase-inverted with the second layer, creating a wide-open space for the first layer to breathe, free from any problematic sonic interference or masking caused by the second layer. The creative possibilities are limitless. Spectral Casting / Spectral Molding with its enormous sound design capabilities are poised to take creative music and sound design to a level.
- Layer-to-Layer Copy/Paste
- Quickly identify and extract target frequency ranges, then use the full menu of SpectraLayers Pro 2 tools and resources for processing new layers in isolation.
- Interoperability with Sound Forge Pro 11
- Transfer audio data between SpectraLayers Pro 2 and Sound Forge Pro 11 and experience the thrill of working freely across the waveform and spectral editing applications.
- Bandwidth-Limited Selections
- SpectraLayers Pro 2 displays frequencies on the vertical axis, allowing you to make bandwidth-limited selections for audition and extraction to new layers via copy and paste.
- View, Modify, and Draw Tools
SpectraLayers Pro is a world of sound and vision all its own. From scientific analysis and R&D, to purely creative work using frequencies and noise, the configurable View, Modify, and Draw tools are there for you to use on any layer, at any time.
• Modify Tools
The Amplify, Clone, and Erase tools in SpectraLayers Pro can be used to edit audio on any layer at any time. Access these options at any stage in the editing process to assist with critical repair and restore operations, creative sound design work, and fun experimentation. Tool behaviors can be modified in useful and interesting ways. Use the controls located right above the spectral display to design your own tool tips.
• Clone Tool
Select any point on the spectral graph and build it into a brush for creating copies of any size at any other point. This tool is perfect for interpolating and grafting audio material in both restorative and creative ways.
• Draw Tools
Frequencies and noises can be drawn directly into Spectral Display in SpectraLayers Pro 2.
- Noise Reduction
- SpectraLayers Pro invites you to open an audio file, extract the elements you need, and leave the rest behind. In addition, noiseprint-based noise reduction using artistic noiseprints is also available.
- Frequency Range Display Options
- Toggle your view to display audio frequency ranges plotted on your choice of logarithmic scales. Options include the popular Mel scale, Bark scale, ERB (Equivalent Rectangular Bandwidth), and MIDI-logarithmic.