This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
This Underwater Housing from Ikelite is a waterproof case enabling you to shoot beneath the surface with your Canon PowerShot SX280 HS digital camera. It has a depth rating of 200'. The housing provides access to all camera functions via mechanical controls and enables the use of the camera's built-in flash. Built for durability, it is constructed by hand in the USA from durable, corrosion-resistant polycarbonate, which is clear to allow you to monitor the o-ring seal and maintain a full view of the camera.
The housing's flat glass port accommodates the camera's lens, and also accepts external wide-angle and macro accessory lenses. The wide-angle option is the WD-4 dome, which simply slides onto the front of the port. For close-up shooting, attach virtually any macro add-on lens with standard 67mm threads.
Expand your system by adding an optional AF35 AutoFlash strobe, which features a flex arm and mounts onto the grip handle of an optional tray. This external strobe is triggered as a slave by the firing of the camera's built-in flash and replicates TTL exposure. The housing comes bundled with a flash diffuser to soften the light of the camera's built-in flash and a flash deflector to redirect it towards an external strobe.
- Depth Rating
- Can be used at a maximum depth of 200'
- Provides access to all camera functions via mechanical controls, and enables the use of the camera's built-in flash. All important camera functions are at your fingertips
- Built by hand in the USA from durable, corrosion-resistant polycarbonate, which is clear so that you can monitor the o-ring seal and maintain a full view of the camera
- Nearly neutral in fresh water, thanks to a built-in air cushion, which also helps reduce the possibility of fogging due to trapped moisture
- Lens Port
- Built-in, flat glass port accommodates the camera's lens, and also accepts optional, external wide-angle and macro accessory lenses. The WD-4 wide-angle dome slides onto the front of the port and can be removed and replaced underwater. It features virtually no corner softness. Macro lenses with standard 67mm thread diameters can be attached via the optional #9306.82 Macro Adapter, which can also be removed and replaced underwater. Wide-angle lenses increase your field of view, allowing you to get close and capture more of the scene, while macros give you clarity in extreme close-up shots
- Color Correction Filters
- Optional 6441.46 and 6441.86 filters for blue and green water, respectively, help restore colors that get absorbed underwater
- TTL Flash Exposure Replication
- The optional AF35 AutoFlash strobe features a flex arm and mounts onto the grip handle of an optional tray. The strobe is triggered by the firing of the camera's built-in flash, and automatically varies its own power to replicate TTL exposure. The housing comes bundled with a flash diffuser to soften the light of the camera's built-in flash, and a flash deflector to redirect it towards an external strobe
- Optional tray with rubberized grip handle(s) attaches via 2 screws, and provides improved handling and attachment points for lighting arms
- Additional Recommended Optional Accessories
- The lightweight (4 oz) aluminum Gamma LED light offers an output of over 220 lumens, a beam angle of 10° and a burn time of 10 hr. The PRO-V8 LED Video Lite with flex arm outputs 510 lumens at a 45° beam angle and a color temperature of 4500-5500K, and also burns for up to 10 hr