The M3702C-4 4x/10x/40x/100x Compound Monocular Microscope from Swift is a four-objective instrument that has a mechanical stage and an LED light source equivalent to a 20W incandescent. A carrying handle built into the microscope arm and a rechargeable AA power supply capable of up to 50 hours of continuous operation make the M3702C-4 portable and convenient for use in the classroom as well as the field.
This configuration of the M3700 microscope has a 10x wide field monocular eyepiece and semi-plan objectives that provide 40x, 100x, 400x, and 1000x magnification. The optical system is parcentered and parfocalled, keeping the specimen centered and focused after magnification changes. Additionally, the 40x and 100x objectives are spring-mounted and sealed to prevent impact damage; the 100x objective can also be used for oil-immersion microscopy.
A built-in mechanical stage with low-position coaxial specimen adjustments gives the observer precise control over specimen placement. Integrated with the stage are a 1.25 Abbe condenser lens and an iris diaphragm. Along with the adjustable LED brightness, the condenser system permits a wide range of specimen illumination settings.
Coaxial coarse and fine focus knobs on both sides of the microscope enable focusing with either hand. The inclined monocular viewing head rotates 360°, a useful feature for sharing the eyepiece among students and colleagues without moving the microscope. Swift equipped this configuration of the M3700 to be novice-friendly yet feature-rich enough to perform advanced microscope techniques. The M3702C-4 comes with rechargeable batteries and a 110-220V AC power supply, and it is backed by the manufacturer's lifetime warranty.
- Optical System
- Viewing head: 45° inclined monocular, 360° rotation
- Eyepiece: 10x (18mm) wide field
- Objectives: 4x, 10x, 40xR, 100xR
- Magnification: 40x, 100x, 400xR, 1000xR
- Parcentered, parfocalled, semi-plan objectives
- 100xR objective capable of oil-immersed viewing
- 40xR and 100xR are spring-loaded and sealed to prevent damage
- Illumination System
- 3.4V, 0.06W LED light source
- Rheostat controlled brightness level
- Powered by rechargeable AA batteries or AC power
- Built-in 5.75x4.75" mechanical stage
- Low-position coaxial specimen adjustment
- Abbe 1.25 condenser with iris diaphragm
- Focusing System
- Coaxial coarse and fine focus control
- Tension-adjustable coarse focus
- Graduated fine focus adjustments
- Right and left-handed controls
- Construction Details
- Non-slip rubber feet
- Plastic iris diaphragm shield
- Slow-closing slide holder clip
- Weight: 11 lb