The Qnap VS-8148U-RP Pro+ 48-Channel 8-Bay 2U VioStor NVR is a high-end 2U chassis network surveillance server which supports high quality real-time video/audio monitoring, megapixel recording (up to 10 Mp), and playback of multiple IP cameras. The VioStor VS-8148U-RP Pro+ can simultaneously handle inputs from up to 24 Mp cameras. Featuring a powerful dual-core Intel Core i3 processor and 4GB of DDR3 memory, this enterprise-grade NVR delivers high performance with throughput of 400 Mb/s for recording and smooth playback of multiple megapixel cameras. Moreover, the HDMI output and hardware decoder of VS-8148U-RP Pro+ provide the ability to deliver up to 300fps full HD local display.
The VioStor VS-8148U-RP Pro+ supports up to 32 TB storage capacity, which makes it proficient for continuous recording of high-resolution video. Also, this Linux-based NVR enables quick and easy deployment of multiple NVRs. It is designed with the user in mind, offering simple and intuitive setup in six steps. Coupled with powerful performance and stability, this solution is tailor-made for enterprise surveillance needs.
Note! HDD is sold separately.
The rack kits for the VS-8100U-RP Pro rack mount are only compatible with square-hole server racks.
- All-in-One Recording Functions
Alarm recording (by multiple events), alarm recording schedule
Pre-alarm and post-alarm recording
Different recording schedules for the IP cameras
- Megapixel Recordings
- Supports megapixel recordings (up to 10 Mp) from various IP cameras
- Multi-stream Support
- Administrators now can flexibly define multiple video streams on specific camera models according to bandwidth resources and number of live-view channels. The adjustable video stream setting helps improve the displaying quality of live-view and well manage the bandwidth resources based on different usage requirements.
- Smart Recording
- The VioStor NVR automatically selects video streams from IP cameras for different recording scenarios. In normal situation, video recording maintains at lower quality resolution. While the alarm event happens, video recording switches to high quality resolution to capture more details. In other words, smart recording effectively avoids the constant storage consumption at all time, but achieves greater storage efficiency and boost recording quality when alarm events happen.
- Real-time Digital Watermarking
- Supports real-time digital watermarking to protect the videos and snapshots from unauthorized modifications. The Watermark Proof utility is provided to verify whether or not the videos and snapshots are original.
- Diversified Modes for Local Monitoring
1, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, or 16-channel display modes
Sequential display mode
- High Resolution Local Display
- The VioStor NVR provides an HDMI port which can be connected to an HDMI monitor or TV for doing monitoring in the full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution.
- Convenient Control of PTZ and Speed Dome Cameras
- The PTZ (Pan/Tilt/Zoom) cameras can be adjusted directly and the preset positions of the IP cameras can be viewed on the local display interface of the VioStor NVR.
- Digital Zoom
- Digital zoom (in/out) of the video image is supported on the monitoring and playback interfaces of the NVR.
- On-screen Event Alert
- When an event occurs, an alert icon will be shown instantly on the local monitoring page. The alert details can be viewed by clicking the alert icon.
- Video Search
- The VioStor NVR supports convenient video search by date and time on the local playback interface.
- Local Video Playbacks on HDMI Monitors or TVs
- The VioStor NVR supports direct video playbacks on HDMI monitors or TVs.
- Quick System Setup
- The VioStor NVR can be set up in simple steps on the local display interface.
- Cross-platform Support
- Use QNAP Surveillance Client for Windows and Mac to watch the live view and play back the recording files on the VioStor NVR.
- Cross-browser Compatibility
- On the Windows PC, you can also use Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, or Mozilla Firefox to enjoy our surveillance features.
- Multi-server Monitoring
- Connect to one VioStor NVR and monitor up to 128 channels from other VioStor NVR servers over the LAN or WAN via an IE browser. 1
- Diversified Remote Monitoring Modes
1, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 16, 20, 25, 36, 42, 64-channel, and sequential display modes
- Smart Control of PTZ & Speed Dome Cameras
- The PTZ (Pan/Tilt/Zoom) cameras can be directly adjusted by the web user interface of the VioStor NVR
- Preset Position Control and Auto Cruising
- The preset positions of an IP camera can be viewed by clicking the corresponding number buttons on the monitoring page. The time interval can also be configured on the PTZ cameras to perform periodic monitoring.
- Instant Event Notification
- When the alarm recording is enabled and an event occurs, an alarm icon will be shown instantly on the monitoring page. The alert details can be viewed by clicking the icon.
- Digital Zoom
- Digital zoom (in/out) of the video image is supported on the monitoring and playback interfaces.
- Dynamic E-map
- The VioStor NVR provides the E-map function for users to upload the digital maps and indicate the locations of the IP cameras of a monitoring location or region.
- Multi-view Playback
- Use the multi-view playback feature to divide a video equally into multiple sessions for doing playback in a multi-view window, or play the videos of multiple IP cameras in the multi-view window simultaneously.
- Video Search by Date and Time, Timeline, Event, Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA)
- The VioStor NVR supports quick video search by date and time, timeline, event, and intelligent video analytics (IVA), which includes motion detection, foreign object, missing object, out of focus, and camera occlusion.
- Advanced Event Management
VioStor NVR supports various event handling options for different kinds of events.
Events: Motion detection, alarm input, connection failure, recording failure, and user-defined event.
Actions: Video recording, email alert, SMS alert, buzzer, PTZ camera control, alarm output, and user-defined action.
- Real-time SMS and Email Alert
- Configure the SMTP server and SMSC server settings on the NVR in order to receive instant system warnings or error messages by email and/or SMS
- Storage Expansion
- VioStor NVR provides surveillance storage expansion solution which enables users to leverage the Turbo NAS storage capacity. By installing the StorageExpansion QPKG in the Turbo NAS, administrators can connect the VioStor NVR with the Turbo NAS to flexibly enlarge the total surveillance storage.
- Scheduled Remote Replication
- The VioStor NVR supports scheduled remote replication for performing secure data backup to a remote QNAP NAS on the local network.
- Excellent Hardware Design
- Powered by the Intel CPU and DDR3 memory, the VioStor NVR delivers superior performance for surveillance applications.
- Linux Embedded System
- The Linux-based VioStor NVR is more power-saving and less vulnerable to virus attacks compared to the PC-based surveillance solution.
- Touch-N-Go PC-less Installation
- Complete the first-time system installation, including hard disk initialization and RAID configuration, of the NVR by the LCD panel without using any PC.
- Huge Storage Capacity for Long-term Recordings
The VioStor NVR supports up to 32TB of physical storage capacity (4TB hard drive x 8) for recording a large amount of video data over a long period of time.
Use the VMobile network surveillance application on Android phone, Android Tablet, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to easily access video management functions Multi-view Playback
Use the multi-view playback featuresuch as remote live view and playback recordings. In addition, the account on the VioStor NVR can be used to connect to an unlimited number of NVRs and IP cameras by VMobile through Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G networks.
- Fisheye Dewarping Camera function
- The fisheye dewarping function, available on the web and local display interface for specific fisheye cameras and specific cameras with panomorph lens, assists in doing practical surveillance management, allowing the administrators to view the monitoring area in a clearer shape.
- Authority Management
- Create multiple users on the VioStor NVR and assign them to different user groups (administrator, system manager, or user) with different rights for doing monitoring, playback, PTZ control, and audio monitoring.
- Auto Logoff
- The VioStor NVR supports automatic user logoff from idling configuration pages. The administrator can set the timeout period to log off the users when the idling time has been reached.
- Host Access Control
- Specify the host or IP connections to be allowed or denied to access the NVR.
- Online User List
- View the record of users currently logged on and previously logged on to the NVR.
- Detailed Event Logs
- The VioStor NVR provides detailed event logs of system warnings, hard disk errors, network disconnections, UPS status, and access to the networking services of the NVR and video recordings
- Advanced RAID with Hot-swap Design
- The VioStor NVR supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 5+hot spare, single, 6+hot spare and JBOD disk configurations. Its hot-swap design allows a failed drive of a disk volume (RAID 1 or above) to be replaced by hot swapping without turning off the server.
- Online RAID Capacity Expansion and Online RAID Level Migration
Online RAID Capacity Expansion
The storage capacity of a RAID configuration can be expanded by replacing the hard drives with larger ones. All the data will be kept and seamlessly moved to the newly installed hard drives. There is no need to turn off the server during the process.
Online RAID Level Migration
Upgrade the disk configuration to a higher RAID level with the data retained without turning off the server.
- S.M.A.R.T. & Advanced HDD Health Scanning (HHS)
- S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) helps monitor the hard disk drives status. The VioStor NVR supports HHS (HDD Health Scan) for doing disk checking and bad blocks scanning.
- Automatic System Startup after Power Recovery
- The VioStor NVR supports automatic system startup after a power recovery.
- UPS Support for 24/7 Service
- The VioStor NVR supports APC, CyberPower, MGE, and YEC UPS devices to provide continuous services 24/7 against unexpected power outages.
- DOM Architecture with Embedded Fail-safe Dual OS for Enhanced Reliability
- All the OS and applications of the VioStor NVR are embedded in the DOM. The VioStor NVR allows system booting without accessing the physical disk sectors to prevent from unsuccessful system startup caused by bad blocks or file errors on the hard drives. Two operating systems are built on the DOM to boot the system alternatively upon every system startup. When one fails, the other one can be used for system startup and the failed OS is recoverable from the other healthy OS.
- Four Gigabit LAN Ports
This mode allows the VioStor NVR to sustain the failure of one network port to provide continuous services.
This mode provides bandwidth aggregation to boost the file transfer speed (works with managed Ethernet switch with 802.3ad configured).
Four IP settings can be configured on the NVR to allow network access from four different subnets.
- Built-in DDNS Service
- The VioStor NVR supports dynamic DNS (DDNS) for convenient access to the system by a domain name instead of a lengthy IP address.
- Built-in NTP Server
- This feature allows the connected IP cameras to synchronize their date and time settings with the NVR.
- Convenient Data Access
- The video data on the VioStor NVR can be accessed via the following protocols with proper access rights: SMB/CIFS (Windows), HTTP (Web file management), FTP
- System Setup in Simple Steps
- The NVR can be set up in 6 simple steps via the local display or web-based interface (Internet Explorer).
- Web-based User Interface
- All the system configurations, monitoring, and playback features of the NVR can be managed by the web-based interface.
- Smart Search of IP Cameras for Quick Settings
- QNAP provides an intelligent software utility, Finder, to search for IP cameras and configure the system settings on the local network quickly.