The red Nikon COOLPIX L620 Digital Camera is a compact point-and-shoot that features an 18.1 megapixel 1/2.3" BSI CMOS sensor and EXPEED C2 image processor to produce high resolution still imagery and HD 1080i video at 60 fps with impressive low-light quality and sensitivity to ISO 3200. Benefitting from the performance of the image sensor is the built-in NIKKOR 14x optical zoom lens that provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 25-350mm, covering wide-angle to telephoto-length perspectives to suit working in almost any situation. Lens-shift type Vibration Reduction aids the zoom range of this lens by minimizing the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when working in dimly-lit conditions and with greater zoom magnifications. Also contributing to producing sharper imagery is a comfortable grip design and Motion Blur Reduction.
For bright, clear viewing, image playback, and for configuring camera settings, a 3.0" 460k-dot LCD monitor is available and the rear and top panel of the camera are intuitively designed, placing all camera controls within easy reach. To creatively enhance imagery, a range of built-in Special Effects can be applied to both stills and movies, including Monochrome, Sepia, and Selective Color. For automatic control over exposure settings, an Easy Auto Mode can be utilized to allow for the camera to determine all exposure settings or, alternatively, Scene Auto Mode can be used to provide 18 different scene modes to choose from depending on the specific conditions. Furthermore, Nikon's Smart Portrait System, Smile Timer, and Target Finding AF will balance focus and camera settings based on a detected subject to ensure proper exposure and sharpness.
- 18.1MP BSI CMOS Sensor and 1080i HD Video
- The 18.1 megapixel 1/2.3" BSI CMOS sensor is capable of recording high resolution imagery that is suitable for both online sharing as well as printing. The BSI (backside illumination) sensor design, along with the EXPEED C2 image processor, provides notable low-light quality with a maximum sensitivity of ISO 3200. The sensor also supports 1080i HD video recording at 60 fps with stereo sound, which is easily accessible via a dedicated movie button on the rear of the camera. An HS Movie function can also be utilized to allow playback at either half or twice the speed of the normal recording for dramatic effect and an HDMI port is integrated into the L620's design to facilitate direct playback on an HDTV, with support for the CEC feature for HDMI that permits playback control using the TV's remote control.
- NIKKOR 14x Optical Zoom Lens and VR Image Stabilization
- The integration of a genuine glass NIKKOR lens builds on the quality afforded by the imaging sensor. The 14x optical zoom covers wide-angle to telephoto-length perspectives with a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 25-350mm, making this camera suitable for capturing almost any type of scene with ease. This lens is benefitted with the inclusion of optical Vibration Reduction, which works to reduce the appearance of camera shake and blur that can become increasingly notable when shooting in low-light conditions or at the telephoto end of the zoom range. Also contributing to sharper imagery is a large ergonomic grip and Motion Blur Reduction; both of which strive to minimize the effects of camera shake while shooting for greater clarity.
- Scene Auto Selector and Easy Auto Mode
- The L620 is specifically designed to allow you to focus on being in the moment and photographing rather than concentrating solely on how to photograph the moment. Easy Auto Mode will automatically control all camera settings for true point-and-shoot functionality. More specialized in approach, Scene Auto Selector will automatically assign one of 18 different Scene Modes to optimize the camera's settings to those that are best suited the type of scene you are photographing in. You can also select from these Scene Modes on your own, to give a more creative appearance to your imagery.
- Other Camera Features
- A large 3.0" 460k-dot LCD monitor is available for clear live view monitoring, image playback, and menu navigation.
- The built-in pop-up flash can be used to provide additional illumination to dimly-lit scenes.
- Consecutive shot combining technology automatically records multiple exposures into a single frame to help reduce image blur and noise to benefit working in low-light conditions.
- High-speed consecutive shooting modes are ideal for capturing fast-moving subject matter.
- A range of built-in Special Effects, including Monochrome, Sepia, and Selective Color, can be applied to creatively enhance imagery.
- Nikon's Smart Portrait System and Target Finding AF systems help to ensure that sharp focus is maintained and that exposure is properly balanced depending on your intended subject
- Smile timer (BSS) mode records five consecutive exposures and then automatically selects the frame featuring the best smile.
- Helping to reduce red-eye, eye color correction can alleviate any coloration in eyes from the on-camera flash for up to 12 people and five pets (cats and dogs) within a single image.
- Compatible with Eye-Fi wireless memory cards.
- Two AA batteries are used as a convenient, readily available power source.