The Inspiron 15 i15RV-1382BLK 15.6" Notebook Computer from Dell features a 15.6" HD widescreen display backlit with LED lamps for lower power consumption and higher energy efficiency. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics.
The system is powered by a dual-core 1.9GHz Intel Pentium 2127U processor. It also has 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 500GB 5400rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a 8-in-1 media card reader, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with Waves MaxxAudio 4.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
Dell Inspiron 15
- Dual-Core Intel Pentium Performance
- The Dell Inspiron 15 houses an Intel Pentium 2127U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.9GHz. With a 2MB L2 cache and 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, you'll be able to experience reliable performance
- 15.6" TrueLife LED-Backlit Display
- The 15.6" TrueLife widescreen display features LED backlight technology for lower power consumption and better energy efficiency. The screen also has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics. The display also has a glossy finish for vibrant color. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port
- Stay Connected
- Gain access to the Internet using the reliable 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet RJ-45 jack. If you prefer to go wireless, you can use 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi. Bluetooth technology on the Dell Inspiron 15 allows you to connect wirelessly to Bluetooth-compatible accessories, such as a Bluetooth mouse
- USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 can transfer data up to 5Gbps, which is 10 times faster than USB 2.0. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0, so you can still use all your USB-compatible devices
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps, and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history, and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it, so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it