The Alienware 17 ALW17-4682sLV 17.3" Gaming Notebook Computer from Dell provides the ultimate gaming experience for people on the go. The system features a dedicated graphics system. The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M graphics card utilizes 2GB of dedicated memory for the graphics-intensive visuals of PC games.
Impressive graphics would be meaningless without a high-end screen and this Alienware notebook does not disappoint. Featuring a 17.3" widescreen display, it is backlit with LED lamps. LED lamps brighten faster, use less power and provide better image quality than their CCFL counterparts. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, which is also the standard for HDTVs. The Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution allows for native 1080p high-definition video playback.
The system is powered by a quad-core 4th generation Haswell 2.4GHz Intel Core i7-4700MQ processor. The Haswell chip is Intel's fourth generation processor and provides high performance at a low voltage for better battery life. It also has 8GB of DDR3 RAM to maximize multitasking. The SuperMulti DVD burner makes it easy to install PC games while the 750GB 7200rpm hard drive ensures you have enough storage space for them.
For online multiplayer, you'll need to be connected to the Internet. This Alienware notebook provides a 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 LAN jack for a fast, reliable wired connection. However, seeing as how this is a gaming notebook, you'll also want to make use of the 802.11ac Wi-Fi for mobile gaming. The Alienware 17 is also compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi as well. Bluetooth 4.0 technology also allows you to use additional peripherals, such as a gaming mouse or joystick, wirelessly.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- Quad-Core Haswell Intel Core i7 Performance
- The Alienware 17 houses a powerful yet low voltage 4th generation Haswell Intel Core i7-4700MQ processor. Its quad cores can run at 2.4GHz and up to 8 threads. It can also be overclocked up to 3.4GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM memory ensures that programs and games open quickly so you can jump right into the fray with minimum loading times. Multitasking is also a breeze for when you have to take a break from competitive multiplayer in order to check email, surf the Web and more
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M Graphics
- Built for a visually stunning gaming experience, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M arms you with industry-leading technologies including eye-popping NVIDIA 3D Vision ready, dynamic PhysX effects, high performance NVIDIA GeForce drivers and more. Based on DirectX 11 technology, tessellation can dynamically extend new triangles and textures for making images more detailed. Not only does the GeForce GTX 765M achieve a 3DMark 11 score of 15,000, it also achieves in creating a better user experience by intelligently saving power with the NVIDIA Optimus technology. The ability to automatically switch between the NVIDIA discrete graphics and the integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600 allows this MSI notebook to prolong battery life
- A Display of Excellence
- Bring your games to life with the 17.3" widescreen display. Backlit with energy-efficient LED lamps, the screen on this Alienware notebook will provide deeper black levels and accurate color tones so you'll stay immersed in your game. The 16:9 aspect ratio and Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution of the display allows for native 1080p high-definition video playback. If you want to go bigger, you can output full HD 1080p video to an external display via the HDMI port
- Audiophile Approved
- This Alienware notebook features built-in stereo speakers. Powered by Klipsch, this Alienware notebook offers high audio quality for the complete immersive gaming experience
- Alienware Command Center
Take complete control of your Alienware notebook with the exclusive Alienware Command Center:
- AlienAdrenaline features a Game Mode, which lets you assign a unique profile to each game on your system. Disable unnecessary programs and activate your music player when you launch one game, or bring up key web links when you launch another
- AlienFX system lighting technology gives you access to a variety of themes and up to 512 billion distinct lighting combinations, so you can personalize as much as you like. Complete your immersion by customizing your system with themes that respond to in-game events with unique lighting effects
- AlienFusion power management controls enable you to configure your settings to maximize performance and efficiency while managing power usage. Crank up the settings for hardcore gaming and resource-intensive tasks, or scale back when you just need to run everyday programs
- AlienTouch allows you to customize your touchpad's sensitivity to prevent accidental contact, and activate virtual scrolling to enable vertical and horizontal scrolling with just a touch
- Stay Connected
- For the fastest connection, use the 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 LAN jack on this Alienware notebook. If you're on the go, you can connect to a wireless network, thanks to its support of 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi. Bluetooth 4.0 technology allows you to sync all your peripherals without the hassle of cables, such as your gaming mouse, a controller or a joystick
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it