Now featuring Drift Correction, PluralEyes 3.5 from Red Giant is an electronic download of software for automatically syncing double system audio with video. PluralEyes 3.5 is compatible with both Mac and Windows platforms. The software imports your footage into its own timeline and automatically syncs the video from a single or multiple cameras to simultaneously recorded audio. Automatic syncing is accomplished by the software lining up the audio waveforms of the audio and video files, so for PluralEyes to work you must record an audio scratch track with your video footage. PluralEyes is able to import/export timelines from/to Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, Media Composer, and Vegas Pro. You can also export .mov or .avi media files for use in other programs.
PluralEyes works with references to your original clips, so even though the clips are synced up, the workflow itself is non-destructive; your original media is unaffected. Even when exporting your clips as .mov or .avi, PluralEyes 3.5 is creating new media, and not adjusting the original files. Manual adjustment tools allow you to tweak the sync if you feel it needs adjustment, as well as work with PluralEyes tools to sync problematic clips. The new "Do it for me" workflow option allows you to let PluralEyes establish sync points, without your organizing the footage beforehand. PluralEyes 3.5 comes with two licenses so you can load the software on a workstation for when you are in the office, and a laptop for location work. Red Giant provides free support, and is available during business hours by email, chat, and phone.
What's New in 3.5?
- The algorithm has been further refined to improve speed and accuracy.
- In long clips, sound and video can stop matching up perfectly. Unlike many other sync tools, PluralEyes 3.5 can account for drift and ensure audio and video stay in sync for the duration.
- OS Support
- Supports Windows 7 & Windows 8 64-bit as well as Mac OS X 10.8 & OS X 10.9.
- Feedback and Touch Up
- Watch as your footage is being Synced. Color-coded visuals show the status of your footage so that you can easily identify and tweak any problems, after.
- Preserve Original Clips
- PluralEyes 3.5 only works with references to your original clips in a non-destructive workflow that preserves your original media files.
- Fast Automatic Sync
- PluralEyes automatically syncs picture and audio, saving you time and sparing you the frustration of slipping picture and audio tracks trying to align waveforms manually or matching lip sync.
- Resolve Sync Problems
- PluralEyes works with a default setting for fast results that works for most footage. However for footage that is difficult to sync up using the default settings, settings such as "Try Really Hard" and "Level Audio" provide more in depth processing, although the process will take longer.
- Test Your Sync
- After your sync, you can employ Two-Up View, flexible timeline scrubbing, and other quality control features to compare audio and video waveforms simultaneously. You also get detailed Audio Waveform Display and Audio Gain/Zoom controls to ensure precise sync results.
- Tweak Your Sync
- Also after the sync, quality control tools like Snap Clip to Optimal Location and Synchronize Pair of Clips, will let you test, tweak, and refine your sync.
- "Do It For Me" Workflow
- This feature allows you to import clips and let PluralEyes find the sync relation between them. You don't have to organize your footage before having PluralEyes work on it.
- Broad Camera & Format Support
- PluralEyes 3.5 supports footage from a wide variety of cameras, including Canon, Nikon and GoPro, and formats support including MOV, MXF, P2, and XDCAM.
- Batch Processing
- Sync multiple projects fast with batch processing and syncing in the background as you work.
- Multi-Clip Precision
- PluralEyes 3.5 excels when working with multiple clips and audio sources with extended durations. The more clips you have, the more accurate results will be.
- PluralEyes 3.5 functions as a standalone application with its own timeline and sync tools. This frees you from having to open your editing program, import the footage and sync. You can sync your footage before you start the editing process, even before you've hired an editor.
- Once your footage is in sync, you can import the PluralEyes timeline into Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, Media Composer, and Vegas Pro.
- You can even export your clips as .mov or .avi media that can be imported into most NLE systems as well as high end finishing systems such as Quantel and Smoke, or even imported into iMovie. PluralEyes 3.5 exports Quicktime, AVI, AIFF, and WAV files.
- PluralEyes 3.5 interfaces with Final Cupt Pro and Premiere Pro, so you can have both your edit system and PluralEyes 3.5 open at the same time, and syncing done in PluralEyes updates in the NLE timeline.
- PluralEyes 3.5 also works as a plug-in within Sony Vegas.