The Gitzo GT1550T Traveler 6X Carbon Fiber Tripod uses a unique patented 180° folding mechanism that accommodates the head inside the folded tripod legs and makes this the smallest folded tripod for its open size and number of sections. In addition, this tripod uses advanced "Carbon 6X" carbon fiber material for its leg construction. This improved tubing is stronger, lighter and as resistant as its 12 layer predecessor. Carbon "6X" is manufactured using a complex, 3-D process weaving 6 layers of carbon fiber into smooth, solid constructed tubes.
The GT1550T is ideal for use with DSLRs with 135mm lenses (up to a 200mm maximum), MiniDV camcorders, and spotting scopes. This Series 1 model is the ideal solution for photographers on the move or when space and weight are key factors.
- Anti-Rotation Leg (ALR) System
- The Anti-Rotation Leg (ALR) system makes it quick and easy to open and close the tripod. Simply turn all of the locking rings at once and the whole leg can be pulled out in seconds.
- Ground-Level Set
- This feature allows you to remove the center column to save weight and get the camera closer to the ground. The upper disk is removed from the center column and inserted directly into the upper casting using the column hook. No tools required.
- 1mm Gitzo 6X Carbon Fiber Tube
- Gitzo was able to develop a six-crossed multilayer carbon fiber 30% lighter than the previous 1.5mm generation that features the same exceptional performance of stability and vibration absorption and unbeatable quality.
- Performance Design
- Performance design allows the legs to be set individually at 24°, 55° and 90° to cover every angle you want to shoot.
- Redesigned built-in, spring-loaded retractable hook on the bottom of the center column provides a place to hang a stabilizing counterweight such as camera, sand or water bags.
- Rapid Column
- Grooved Rapid center column, with locking collar, for improved stability.