The black HD Pentax DA 20-40mm f/2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR Lens from Pentax is a high performance standard length zoom lens for K-mount APS-C cameras. Its 35mm focal length equivalency is 30.5-61.5mm providing a versatile and practical range for wide-angle to standard length shooting. It is the first zoom lens in the Pentax Limited Series line and brings with it a durable, weather-sealed body, HD lens coating and an optical design consisting of one ED element and one super-low dispersion element.
The f/2.8-4 maximum aperture enables effective low light shooting and, at the wide-angle end, control over its shallow depth of field for images that place sharp focus on the subject with a pleasing out of focus background. An in-lens direct current (DC) focus motor provides smooth and quiet autofocus action and its Quick-Shift Focus System enables rapid shift from autofocus to manual focus mode.
The lens barrel and the included hood are made from high-grade aluminum alloy, distance and depth of field scales are clearly marked on the barrel and a smooth rotating, knurled ring provides manual focus control. SP (Super Protect) coating on the front and rear lens elements repels dust, water and grease to help maintain peak performance.
- 30.5 to 61.5mm Focal Length Equivalency and f/2.8 Maximum Aperture
- With its 2x zoom coverage of 20-40mm, this lens offers focal length coverage from 30.5 to 61.5mm in the 35mm format when mounted on a PENTAX K-series DSLR. This covers a practical set of frequently used focal lengths and is ideal as a versatile everyday lens. Its maximum aperture of f/2.8 at the wide-angle end of the zoom is effective in low light and provides shallow depth of field focus.
- HD Lens Coating
- This lens has been treated with the PENTAX-developed HD coating, a high grade, multi-layer coating that reduces unwanted reflection, allowing the user to capture high-contrast images free of flare and ghosting.
- DC Autofocus Motor
- Shoot discreetly with in-lens, direct current (DC) Auto Focus motor operation for smooth & quiet performance.
- Quick-Shift Focus System
- The Quick-Shift Focus System allows instant switching from autofocus to manual focus operation.
- Weather-Resistant Construction and Durable Aluminum Barrel
- With seven special seals to prevent intrusion of water, moisture and dust, this is the first lens of the "Limited" series to feature the PENTAX-original weather-resistant construction. With a handsome and durable aluminum alloy barrel and weather-sealing, this lens is able to perform in almost any shooting condition.
- SP Lens Coating
- The PENTAX SP (Super Protect) coating on the front and rear lens elements repels dust, water and grease to keep your lens clean and your images sharp.
- Optical Design
- The ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass and a super-low dispersion glass element in this lens' optics deliver clear, high resolution imagery with edge-to-edge sharpness, throughout the entire zoom range.
- Rounded Diaphragm Blades
- Enhanced with a rounded nine-blade diaphragm at the wide apertures for optimal optical performance and gorgeous bokeh effects.