The SHAPE BP0008 V-Lock Quick Release Baseplate is a long format baseplate for larger cameras like the Alexa, F5, C300, and broadcast cameras. It can be used shoulder mounted, tripod mounted, and attached to V-lock tripod adapters.
The baseplate includes a removable shoulder pad and features rosette adapters for SHAPE and ARRI standard handles. It has 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 tripod mount threads and a V-lock delta adapter for attaching to the Sony VCT-14 or Panasonic SHAN-TM700 tripod adapter. The shoulder pad secures on by touch fasteners. The tripod mount threads are located underneath the shoulder pad. 8" and 4" 15mm rods are included for the front and back.
This baseplate is the same as the SHAPE BP0007 except it is lighter and has a modified rod adapter in front. The reduced weight is the result of a thinner design, and the rod adapter features one ratchet knob instead of two, allowing quicker rod adjustments. For attaching a matte-box and other accessories, the rod adapter can be adjusted vertically if you remove the screw holding it in position. This baseplate also supports optional SHAPE 15mm Studio and 19mm Studio adapters in place of the included one.
The baseplate features three camera mount slots, all supporting 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 screws. The off-center slots allow you to mount your camera offset if you use a 15mm Studio Adapter. 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 mounting threads are peppered behind the three slots for attaching articulating arms and other accessories. Two 1/4"-20 and two 3/8"-16 camera mount screws are included. This baseplate is best used with cameras that use external viewfinders.
- Key Features
- Long format baseplate for larger cameras
- Can be used shoulder mounted, tripod mounted, and attached to V-lock tripod adapters
- Includes removable shoulder pad
- Features rosette adapters for SHAPE and ARRI standard handles
- 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 tripod mount threads
- V-lock delta adapter for the Sony VCT-14 or Panasonic SHAN-TM700 tripod adapter
- Vertically adjustable rod adapter with one ratchet knob
- Three camera mount slots
- 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 accessory mount threads
- 8" and 4" 15mm rods