The Photogenic Solair PL500DRC 500W/s Monolight offers speed, power and control, a wide choice of accessories and intuitive operation backed by impressive specs at a very reasonable price.
The PL500DRC keeps you fully informed of your power levels via its large highly readable digital display. Power settings are adjustable in 1/10 or ½ stop increments across an impressive 8 full stops. The bright 250W modeling light can be set to Proportional to let you previsualize your final shot when using multiple lights. Other settings include Full On, OFF and manual control of the modeling light output. The PL500DRC Radio Solair even allows 2 or 3 shot bracketing around your prime exposure.
The PL500DRC recycles to full power in a lightning-fast 1.5 seconds at full power and 0.5 seconds at minimum power with short flash durations that help you stop every gesture, an attribute which is extremely valuable when working with kinetic subjects like dancers or athletes.
Convenience features include a test button, optical slave and integral handle.The UV color corrected flash tube ensures that blue doesn't creep into your color balance on subjects like a bride in her gown. It also ensures natural, flattering skin tones. The PL500DRC comes with a 7.5" reflector and is compatible with a wide range of optional accessories including grids, snoots, parabolic reflectors, softboxes and umbrellas.
- Eight Stop Power Range
- Power levels are displayed in easy-to-read LED digits allowing settings from 3.9W/s to 500W/s in 1/10 or 1/2 stop increments
- Fast Recycling
- The PL500DRC recycles to full power (1,000W/s) in only 1.5 seconds and 0.5 sec. at minimum power to catch even the most fleeting gestures
- Modeling Light
- The PL500DRC's bright 250W quartz modeling lamp offers independent power control that is adjustable from full to 1/128 power in 1/10 or 1/2 stop increments. Settings include Proportional, to previsualize lighting effects, Manual adjustment or Full On or Off
- Flash Bracketing
- Flash bracketing is a great time-saving feature especially when you'd like to shoot at a specific f/stop. You can set up your Solair for 2 or 3 shot bracketing over or under the prime exposure
- Low Trigger Voltage
- Digital cameras can be used with Photogenic monolights without fear of damage to the camera's electronics
- User Replaceable UV Flashtube
- No tools are required to replace this "plug & play" flashtube. The UV coating ensures clean whites and flattering flesh tones
- Ready Indication
- A ready light and audible alert let you know when the flash is fully charged
- Auto Dump Function
- When reducing the power output, excess flash power in the capacitors is released before exposure to insure consistent performance
- Fan Cooled
- A low noise, high performance fan keeps the flash head's electronics cool while lengthening the flash tube's and the modeling light's lives
- Safety Features
- The PL500DRC incorporates surge protection to handle power spikes and internal thermal protection which monitors heat generated during intense use
- System Compatibility
- The PL500DRC Radio Solair is compatible with all Photogenic Quick-Change light shaping accessories