The Schneider 250mm f/5.6 Tele-Xenar Lens is a telephoto specialist for the 4x5 format, made with the needs of field cameras in mind. Of course it has great image quality as any Schneider would, but this lens only needs 195mm of bellows draw at infinity and has a compact 58mm rear barrel so that it easily fits into the use of smaller 4x5 system cameras. While the Tele-Xenar is designed primarily for brilliant, detailed studies of distant scenes, it is also a practical lens for portraiture.
The 250mm f/5.6 Tele-Xenar permits 22mm of all-direction shift with a 4x5 camera. Color correction is quite excellent, and this is of particular importance with images taken at a great distance.
- Compact, extremely sharp telephoto lens for 4x5 cameras
- Designed for distant scenes, but also very good at portraiture
- Bellows draw of just 195mm at infinity
- Compact rear barrel to permit use on small field cameras
- Accepts 82mm filters
- Standard-style Copal #1 shutter with calibrated aperture scale and maximum 1/400th speed