The Tascam DM-4800 is their full featured, flagship digital console with enough input and output routing for large-scale recording applications, live-sound recording and more. The mixer features 48-channels and 16-returns for a total of 64-channels at mix-down. 24 input channels feature XLR microphone, balanced 1/4" phone line and analog inserts for routing to external processors. Among the digital I/O are three TDIF ports for connecting compatible 24-channel digital recorders, DAW hardware, etc.
Eight channels of ADAT light-pipe, S/PDIF and AES/EBU connections are also standard. A flat channel strip section provides easy access to channel control such as, aux sends, compression, EQ settings, etc. All channels feature LED ring encoders for pan, aux sends and EQ; providing an intuitive display without maneuvering through a menu-driven LCD display.
The on-board dual effects processor provides TC reverb and additional effects. With features that include 64-channels at mix-down, 24-buses, 24 mic/line inputs, 16-returns, automation support for your favorite DAW software and internal TC effects, the Tascam DM-4800 rivals digital consoles at double the cost. The DM-4800 delivers the power and flexibility for efficient use in professional studios, project studios, live sound recording, production studios, etc.
- Full 24-Bit 96kHz Support
- The DM-4800 features full 24-bit / 96kHz resolution without sacrificing channels or features.
- 64 Total Channels at Mix-Down
- With 48 channels and 16 returns, the DM-4800 boasts a total of 64 input channels at mix-down.
- DAW Software Automation Support
- The console features built-in DAW control of all major applications.
- 24-Channel TDIF Connections
- Without any additional expansion options, the DM-4800 hosts 24-channels of TDIF and eight channels of ADAT optical inputs and outputs.
- New Channel Strip Controls
- A fully functional channel-strip offers control over dynamics, EQ settings and aux settings without roaming through menus on the LCD.
- LED Ring Indicators
- All input channels feature LED ring indicators for straightforward pan, aux and EQ settings.
- Expansion Card
- Additional expansion cards are available for additional digital and analog connections including, AES/EBU, ADAT light-pipe, analog and FireWire connection to computers.
- Flexible Bus Routing
- The DM-4800 features 24-buses for flexible routing to outboard recorders, DAW's, etc.