The Hasselblad Flextight X1 Drum Scanner is designed to serve most photographers and offers unsurpassed quality, fast scanning, and multiple format capacity. It is easy to use, and is built with a vertical optical system to allow the CCD to face downwards, creating a glass-free optical path between the original and the lens. The patented virtual drum solution produces optimal focusing across the whole of the original, and the flexible holder guarantees easy mounting combined with safe and cautious handling of your originals.
Having a device that has the quality to reproduce all the subtle details embedded in your negatives and transparencies that gives you full control over the crucial interpretation of your work is what makes owning a Hasselblad scanner attractive. Your valuable originals are never out of your custody and you are the one who decides when to do what and how. Furthermore, the 3F workflow can produce a throughput that has to be seen to be believed; automatic format detection, cropping, and individual file naming is right at your fingertips with just the push of a button.
The X1's 6300 dpi maximum resolution is more than you'll need in most cases, and although many scanners have a higher optical resolution, they'll not have better clarity and detail when scanning photographic film. The combination of the electronic image handling of the sensor, the device's mechanical precision, the quality of the sensor filters, and the resolving power of the Rodenstock lens are what set it apart.
The X1 can blaze along at up to 60 MB per minute, which is unusually efficient. The FlexHolder holding system allows production speed without excessive heat. You can also perform batch scans with the X1.
- Up to 6300 dpi Resolution
- A resolution of 6300 dpi is more than you need in most cases, and although you can find scanners with a higher optical resolution, you will not find better clarity and detail rendition when scanning photographic film in any other scanner. This optimum image quality is due to the electronic image handling of the sensor, the mechanical precision of the device, the quality of the sensor filters, and the resolving power of the Rodenstock lens.
- Virtual Drum and Vertical Optical System
- A vertical optical system allows the CCD to face downwards, creating a glass-free optical path between the original and the lens. The patented virtual drum solution produces optimal focusing across the entire original, and the flexible holder guarantees easy mounting and safe and secure handling of your originals.
- Up To 60 MB per Minute Scan Speed
- The Flextight X1 is an unusually efficient scanner that will carry out most tasks quickly and easily. The easy-to-mount FlexHolder system produces a very high throughput without generating excessive heat, as the electronics run at a low frequency.
- Batch Scanning Capabilities
- With the FlexHolder system you either mount several originals in one holder or a film strip of 4 or 6 images. In that way you can utilize the advanced batch scanning capabilities scanning up to 6 images in one pass. Alternatively, you can utilize the unique 3F scanning feature.
- The 3F File and Workflow and 3F Auto Scan Button
- If you mount a film strip and press the 3F auto scan button the scanner will automatically detect and crop each image and save it with different names. The images are scanned in a specified resolution at 16 bit per color. In this way the full range of the original is extracted from the scan. The 3F file is never altered but will act as a "preview scan" when you open it later, and you can re-do all operations and change whatever parameters you wish. This is exactly like re-scanning but without the need for the film original to be present.