The 02R96VCM is the result of the ongoing evolution of the renowned 02R series of digital mixing consoles from Yamaha, which have become among the most relied upon tools in audio production. The 02R96VCM has all of the capabilities of the Version 2 software, with its additional effects, improved surround monitoring features, and advanced integration with DAW software such as Nuendo and Pro Tools. It also includes select Virtual Circuitry Modeling digital effects and dynamics (which were previously available as optional add-ons).
The included VCM algorithms faithfully model every resistor and capacitor found in classic analog compressors and EQs to bring their warm sound to the digital domain. The high-end REV-X reverb is also included, as well as Studio Manager software, which features further enhancements and capabilities. The on-board add-on effects engine allows users the freedom to install even more specially developed effect plug-ins.
The powerful 02R96VCM is capable of handling 56 channels at 24-bit 96kHz resolution. Its 32-bit audio processing assures the highest audio fidelity throughout. The O2R96VCM features everything needed for 5.1 surround mixing. Joystick style panning and comprehensive monitoring eliminate the need for external equipment or channel reassignment. The 2 effects processors are updated with 96kHz compatible effects, some designed specifically for surround.
It's equipped with 25 lightning fast motorized faders, and 4 expansion slots that can expand the 02R96VCM up to a total of 56 inputs. Its "analog like" mixer interface eliminates the need to frequently refer to the LCD display. The 02R96VCM Also features full MIDI machine and time code control with most of the popular sequencer software applications and includes software for controlling and monitoring the 02R96VCM via MAC or Windows based computers.
Live sound venues, recording studios, theaters, houses of worship, and broadcast production facilities have all come to rely on the powerful capabilities of the 02R series to handle their most important tasks. The 02R96VCM carries on this tradition, and sounds better than ever.
- VCM (Virtual Circuitry Modeling) Technology Included
- VCM algorithms faithfully model every resistor and capacitor found in classic analog compressors and EQs to bring their warm sound to the digital domain
- Version 2 Software
- Version 2 software provides a host of added features to meet the demands of professional users. The Add-On Effects engine allows users the flexibility of installing effects designed for use with the 02R96VCM. Additional enhancements include improved integration with DAW software, improved surround monitoring capability and much more.
- 56 Channels & Flexible Routing
- 25 100mm motorized faders can be layer switched to control any of the available 56 channels. The 02R96VCM is equipped with 16 XLR style, high quality mic pre's and 24 balanced 1/4" TRS line inputs. 4 YGDAI expansion slots allow users to upgrade to a total of 56 inputs. Available I/O cards feature ADAT Light Pipe, Tascam TDIF, AES/EBU and Balanced Analog connectors. The 02R96VCM's flexible routing allows routing of any input signal to any output. This eliminates the need of mass amounts of cable or unnecessary patch bays.
- Complete Surround Solution
- The 02R96VCM is a complete 5.1 surround solution boasting such features as Joystick style panning and a comprehensive graphic monitor displaying multichannel surround/pan position.
- High Quality Converters & Head Amplifiers
- All AD/DA converters feature 24-bit 96kHz resolution. The 02R96VCM features the same high quality Head Amplifiers featured in the renowned Yamaha DM2000. The 24 bit converters give you a true digital representation while maintaining the analog warmth of the mic pre's.
- Advanced Effects & Dynamics Processing
- 2 Multi Effects processors provide plenty of effects from spatial to experimental. Effects Specific to surround mixing are provided and 96kHz assures the highest quality detail. Compression, Gating and Ducking are available on every channel. Take advantage of third party plug-in processing.
- Intuitive Interface & Display
- Modeled after the 02R, the look and feel of the 02R96VCM is similar although there are some advances in the design. Analog-style user interface allows the user to make static changes without frequently referring to the LCD monitor. The optional MB02R96 Meter Bridge provides comprehensive monitoring of all input channels.
- Studio Manager Software
- Studio Manager Software (included) allows full control and display of the 02R96VCM via Mac or Windows based computer.
- Integrated DAW Control
- Complete Integration with Pro Tools and Nuendo software. Complete mixing and parameter control and complete transport control as well.