The Metz Mecablitz 15 MS-1 Macro Ringlight Digital Flash is an advanced macro ringlight flash that provides full wireless TTL control with virtually any SLR camera system. Brands supported currently are Canon, Nikon, Olympus/Panasonic, Pentax/Samsung and Sony Alpha.
The MS-1 is a highly customizable macro flash. Each of the two separate flash bulbs inside the ringlight is individually controllable, and each reflector can be swiveled with a range of 0-20°. The Ratio Control feature allows for separate light distribution settings for the left and right sides of the flash, while the variable power setting allows for 6 levels of scaled-back output. In addition, the bouncer disc provides further softening of the light output.
The dedicated wireless TTL control function and the built-in power supply does away with the need for cumbersome flash cables. As long as the camera has a built-in flash, or a dedicated shoe mount flash (in master mode) in its hot shoe, the MS-1 will fully integrate with virtually all SLR camera systems. In slave mode, the Mecablitz 15 MS-1 digital is also suitable for nearly all other camera. Manual flash operation is also possible via a standard PC sync cord. In addition, the "learn" feature ensures that the slave flash is reliably triggered every time by the flash integrated in the camera, even if this is a digital camera that sends out a ranging pre-flash.
- Provides approx. 200 full flashes with NiMH batteries, 1000 mAh
- USB port makes future firmware updates possible
- Dot matrix display on the flash itself keeps set-up and control easy and simple
- Supported TTL Modes:
- E-TTL II (Canon)
- i-TTL (Nikon)
- P-TTL (Pentax/Samsung)
- Four Thirds TTL (Olympus/Panasonic/Leica)
- ADI (Sony Alpha)
- Basic Flash Functions:
- TTL remote flash operating mode (as slave unit)
- Slave flash mode with pre-flash suppression
- Slave flash mode with learn function
- Manual flash mode with 6 partial lighting levels
- 1st and 2nd shutter curtain synchronization
- Adapter Rings
- 58mm adapter ring included; 62mm, 67mm, and 72mm adapter rings available separately