Packed with features, the Pentax K-7 Digital SLR Camera with a Pentax 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL WR Lens brings next-generation technology to the time-tested, world renowned family of Pentax SLRs. Compatible with every Pentax K mount lens (some 25 million are out there), the durable, magnesium alloy body houses a newly-developed 14.6 megapixel CMOS sensor for rich color, sharp contrast, and the very best in image quality. The PRIME II processing engine allows for fast 5.2 frames-per-second shooting - great for wildlife, fast action sports, and adventure photography. Fortified with the 11-point SAFOX VIII+ Autofocus System and Advanced Shake Reduction Technology, the K-7 keeps all of your subjects in sharp focus, even in low-light.
High Definition Video Capture, perhaps the most sought after feature in SLR Digital Cameras, comes to the Pentax System in big way. Smooth 30-frames-per-second 1024p and 720p video are as easy as point and shoot. HDMI output from the body makes sharing your photos and movies on an HDTV possible with a single plug. An onboard internal mono microphone allows you to capture spontaneous audio with video, and the 3.5mm stereo input offers higher quality options for professional applications. From family vacations to professional wedding video, the Pentax K-7 offers everything you need to capture next-generation photos and video!
The Pentax DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR features the ideal standard zoom focal range for a wide range of shooting applications.
- 14.6 Megapixel CMOS Sensor
- The K-7 Digital SLR uses a low-power, low-heat 14.6 megapixel CMOS Image Sensor, which yields less image noise and longer battery life. CMOS technology also allows a higher density of circuitry at the pixel level allowing for greater sensitivity, higher tonal range, and superior image quality.
- Tough, Rugged Body
- Lightweight and highly durable, the Pentax K-7 is weather resistant, dust-proof, and can even operate in extreme cold environments (14°F/-10°C). The stainless steel chassis provides a tough, protective frame while the magnesium alloy shell blocks outside interference--ensuring consistent signal processing for high-quality, low-noise images.
- Compatible with All Pentax Interchangeable Lenses
- Over the last 60 years, Pentax has manufactured over 25 million lenses. The K-7 can use them all. The camera provides backward compatibility with K, KA, KAF and KAF2 mount lenses directly and is also compatible with screw-mount 35mm-format lenses and Pentax 645 and 67 system lenses with optional adapters. Whichever lens you choose, be assured that your photos will show the warmth, style, and beauty of the Pentax optical system.
- Advanced Shake Reduction Technology
- The Pentax Shake Reduction (SR) System is an electromagnetically controlled stabilizer built into the body to ensure shake-free photos with any lens. Unlike traditional two-way stabilization systems, SR compensates for movement in three directions--horizontal, vertical, and rotational. By detecting handheld camera shake, sharpness is dramatically increased when using telephoto lenses, working under low light conditions or in any instance where unwanted shake may affect a photograph.
- HD Video Recording
- The K-7 is the first Pentax SLR to feature full HD recording capability. 1024p or 720p videos are captured at a smooth 30 frames-per-second with sound. Attach an external microphone or wireless receiver for more professional audio options. Full HD playback on your HDTV is easy using an optional HDMI cable.
- Live View Mode
- Live View mode, with contrast AF, Face Detection, and optional histogram, grid, and bright/dark area display, allows you to quickly compose your images without having to position your eye against the viewfinder.
- Electronic Level Indicator
- Finding the perfect horizon is fast and easy using the K-7's built-in Electronic Level Indicator. From dramatic portraiture to wide landscape photography, the level indicator is truly an indispensable tool for hand-held and tripod photography.
- SAFOX VIII+ Autofocus System
- 9 cross-type sensors, 2 wide angle sensors, and a dedicated AF assist lamp combine for fast one-shot autofocus, as well as AF tracking. From close-ups of flowers to a fast play on the court, you can rest assured that your images will be tight, sharp, and always in focus.