The high-performance Leica V-LUX 20 Digital Camera features a Leica DC Vario-Elmar 4.1-49.2mm f/3.3 - 4.9 ASPH lens. This is a high-performance super-zoom with a 35mm equivalent of 25-300mm. This 12x zoom allows you to go from wide-angle to super telephoto without adding an accessory lens. This along with the optical image stabilization will give you crisp and sharp photos even in low light. The 12.1 megapixel CCD sensor produces high quality files that you can use to make large photographic prints. You can even choose between 3 different aspect ratios; 4:3, 3:2 or 16:9.
The camera has many automatic settings, and scene modes for the beginning photographer, but it also has manual settings for the image maker who wants total control. All of your composing and playback takes place on the bright 3" LCD display, and images can be stored on SD, SDHC or SXCD memory cards. For image editing, Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 is included.
When shooting HD video, you can use the 12x zoom lens and all the other camera features, including the GPS feature. This innovative feature records the geographical coordinates of the location and the local time of every picture shot and stores the information in the EXIF data of the image files. The GPS also provides a variety of fascinating options and benefits. When traveling, the camera displays all the sights in the immediate neighborhood. The V-LUX 20 has access to a total of 500,000 such points of interest in 73 countries. The GPS feature is also useful when archiving pictures. The GPS does not function in China, its neighboring regions and any place where satellite signal reception is unavailable.
- Simple, Intuitive Handling
- Leica cameras set the standards for the best possible handling. With the Leica V-LUX 20, the ergonomically positioned and logically arranged control elements of the camera ensure intuitive handling of the camera even by less experienced photographers. A wide range of automated functions ensures simple, straight forward operation in any situation. At the same time, manual setting options for apertures and shutter speeds provide greater creative scope for more demanding users.
- High-Performance Super-Zoom Lens
- The lens of the Leica V-LUX 20 enables the user to use the enormous range of 25 to 300mm for both still and movie photography. For macro photography, extremely wide-angle views or zooming in on distant subjects - this camera captures amazingly sharp images across the entire wide-angle to telephoto range.
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- The legendary Leica image quality is enhanced even further with the optical image stabilizer (O.I.S.) that effectively compensates for camera shake to ensure razor-sharp pictures at all times, even in the telephoto range, in low light conditions and when you take quick snapshots.
- GPS - Global Positioning System
- The Leica V-LUX 20 has an integrated Global Positioning System for tagging purposes. This innovative feature records the geographical coordinates of the location and the local time of every picture shot and stores the information in the EXIF data of the image files. The GPS does not function in China, its neighboring regions and any place where satellite signal reception is unavailable.
- Aspect Ratios
- The camera allows you to choose between 3 different aspect ratios; 4:3, 3:2 or 16:9.
- Movies in HD-Quality
- The Leica V-LUX 20 has the 720 p HD movie function. Movies are recorded in MJPEG HD format and tagged with GPS data. To record a HD movie, all one needs to do is touch a button at the back of the camera. The LEICA V-LUX 20 integrates all the essential functions such as face recognition, automatic scene mode selection, and smart exposure when shooting in movie mode. The user can also zoom across the 12x zoom range while shooting movies.
- Face Recognition System
- The automatic face recognition system automatically adjusts focus and exposure to the faces in the scene, making it easy to get perfect portraits and group photos.
- Direct Print Capable
- Print directly to any PictBridge Capable Printer without a computer; the on-camera image editing features assure that you are able to create just the right image easily and quickly.
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 8
- The Leica V-LUX 20 comes with a copy of Adobe Photoshop Elements 8.0. This software package is easy to use while providing the complete image-processing solution. It provides fast and convenient media management and intuitive post-processing of photos and movies.