The Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM is an ultra-wide zoom that has a 35mm equivalent angle of view of a 12-24mm lens when used on DSLRs with APS-C size image sensors. Sigma's FLD glass elements, equal to fluorite glass, correct for distortions and color aberrations to deliver beautiful high contrast images.
The lens has a minimum focusing distance of 9.4" (24cm) allowing you to get in close to a subject to create exaggerated perspectives. This super wide angle zoom is perfect for shooting landscape photography, architecture, building interiors, photojournalism, wedding photography, group pictures and a wide variety of other shooting opportunities you may encounter.
For a chart of compatible cameras click compatibility chart
Note: Due to the curved shape of the front element, filters cannot be attached to this lens.
Note: Vignetting will occur if the lens is used with digital cameras with image sensors larger than APS-C size or 35mm SLR cameras.
- This is a DC series lens designed exclusively for use with Canon EOS DSLRs with APS-C size sensors.
- The lens features FLD glass elements with performance equal to fluorite glass to compensate for color aberration.
- The Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting while superior peripheral brightness ensures high contrast images throughout the entire zoom range.
- One hybrid aspherical lens and two glass mold elements give excellent correction for distortion and astigmatism.
- It produces images with exaggerated perspective with its wide angle view.
- The HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) ensures quiet and high speed AF as well as full-time manual focus capabilities.