The Impact Octacool-9 Fluorescent Light with Octabox (9 Lamps) is a great choice for the photographer or videographer seeking a broad, flattering light source with unique fall-off characteristics for portraiture, fashion or events.
Octagonal-shaped light sources have long had a reputation as the preferred portrait-shooter's light source. The shape offers an especially large surface area which produces that legendary "wrap-around" light, which envelopes the subject while creating natural-looking catchlights in the eyes.
Each daylight-balanced 28W lamp outputs 1,400 lumens of light measured at 3.3 feet for a 9-lamp total of 12,600 lumens. Five switches on the rear of the fixture allow individual control of the lamps allowing 1 - 9 of them to be switched on or off, varying the output in 1,400 lumen increments. The head's standard 5/8" receiver mounts to a huge variety of light stands and gripware with 5/8" studs.
The included Octabox has a removable inner baffle and front face allowing even greater flexibility from hard to ultra-soft light. The light head also comes with a removable aluminum reflector for a bright, contrasty lighting option.
- Includes a 29.5˝ Octabox that provides a soft, uniform, diffused light
- Noiseless operation allows clear audio for video productions
- Cool output allows heat-sensitive subjects to be safely photographed up close
- 28W screw-in fluorescent lamps with a life expectancy of 6,000 - 8,000 hours
- Rear switches allow you to select to have only one bulb on, all bulbs on, or any number of bulbs in between