The Pentax SMC DA 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 ED AL (IF) DC WR Lens is a high-quality telephoto zoom lens that is designed for exclusive use with Pentax digital SLR cameras. It offers a focal length that is equivalent (in 35mm format) from 27.5 to 207mm. This wide coverage is ideal for a variety of telephoto applications, including portraiture, sports and scenery.
The image circle in DA-series lenses is designed to perfectly match the 23.5mm x 15.7mm size of the CCD used in Pentax digital SLRs to optimize camera performance. This design also contributes to a drastic reduction in size, weight and production cost compared to 35mm-format counterparts with similar specifications.
Pentax DA (DA-Star) zoom lenses come equipped with the SDM System, which assures smoother, quieter auto-focusing operation by using a built-in supersonic motor. Like all Pentax lenses, this lens is treated with smc coating for maximum light transmission, sharp definition, and high contrast images.
In addition, SP (Super Protective) coating made of a special fluoride compound has been applied to the front surface of the lens through the use of a unique evaporation process. As a result, the lens offers excellent water and oil-repellent performance and makes for easier cleaning should the lens be accidentally smeared with fingerprints or cosmetics.
- Extended 7.5X zoom range is ideal for a wide range of shooting conditions.
- Weather resistant to handle damp, inclement conditions.
- Compact and lightweight design for easy portability.
- Direct Current (DC) motor supports quick, quiet autofocus operation.
- Pentax Super Protect (SP) coating helps repel dust, water, and grease, making the lens easier to clean.
- Pentax Quick Shift focus system allows instant on-the-fly switching from auto to manual focus.
- An aspherical lens element helps to compensate for spherical aberration to maximize image quality.
- Equivalent to 27.5-207mm in the 35mm format.
- Developed specifically for Pentax digital SLR cameras.